Just used Nizoral for the first time.

I don't think it's the 2%

but now my hair is dry, it feels like I'm wearing one of Beyonce's huge wigs. My hair is huge and really thick! If I had my full result from the HT along with this Nizoral effect then my hair would be the same as I was when I was 17. Amazing.

Is this common?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I'll definitely heed it! Shame I can't use this every day ... really loving the effect. Once a week is what it will be :)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Hi TL,

The effects of nizoral can certainly help refresh the bounce no doubt, giving the hair a fuller body. Your fine hair type obviously suits the shampoo especially after the deep clean it gives.

BE CAREFUL - DO NOT OVERUSE nizoral shampoo as its common to get a little too familiar with it and it WILL make your hair shed!!!

You have been warned amigo.

Personally 1 x a week max!

Best

S

Hey Spex,

I can only find nixoral 2% where i live, is it good to use it once aweek ? or i should avoid the 2% and just look for 1% ?

From what I've read the 2% stuff is better ... I just bought the wrong one :) though I have read it does help also. Definitely improved the appearance yesterday anyway!

From what I've read the 2% stuff is better ... I just bought the wrong one :) though I have read it does help also. Definitely improved the appearance yesterday anyway!

i hope so, where i live i can't find 1% at all and 2% is available over the counter.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, im in the same case i just used nizoral for my first time today. It really feels good on my hair.

but since i know i cant use it everyday, i would like to know how you think of using Progaine (the shampoo from rogaine that volumizes the hair) the other days that im not use nizoral, the only concern that i have its that maybe the products would be contraindicated or something

in the other hand, i would like to know how you apply nizoral, do you apply twice in the shower as directed? or its ok to apply just one time and let it soak for 5 minutes?

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

• 2 weeks later...

WHERE IS THE 2% NIZORAL ONLINE? I ORDERED FROM A CANADIAN SUPPLIER, BUT IT'S GOING TO TAKE FOREVER AND I DIDN'T GET EMAIL CONFIRMATION. WHERE IS A RELIABLE CANADIAN SUPPLIER THAT SHIPS TO USA?

Also, where can I even find 1% for a decent price? I was gonna buy that to use in the interim, but i can't even find that anywhere except online...and for $20.

Sorry for the CAPS, but it appears it's gotten harder now. And I threw away my Nizoral just a few weeks ago....stupid.

You're only supposed to use once a week? I forgot that.

jackisback1,

In the States, 2% requires a prescription. The 1% formula has continued to be MIA in the shops for about 2 years now I think. It was supposed to be readily available by now.

I bought my last two bottles off Ebay. I use it twice weekly and it lasts a long time. If you buy from Ebay, be sure that the bottle you are getting is not expired.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Almost forgot, it's in stock at our Online Hair Loss Treatments Shop,

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/product/3/Nizoral-Regular-Strength/

Also, you'd qualify for the 20% discount offered to forum members with over 100 posts.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had my HT four weeks ago today. I've never used Nizoral before. Anybody mind explaining the benefits to me?

I've been using Nioxin for about two years. I also have a history of having a very dry and flaky scalp that I believe is a result of some dermatitis (I get flaky skin down to my eyebrows sometimes when the weather gets cold) so I use T-Gel from time to time to keep it under control. Just trying to figure out the best regimen to help my new grafts grow as best they can. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Nizoral is good stuff but it dries out my hair. The best stuff I have found is to use Fructis triple nutrition moisturizing treatment 2 x a week.

Good stuff!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!