FINALLY! 3 Weeks today!

Raphael84

Finally, after initially booking my HT date 4 years ago, and thereafter changing the surgery date probably 5 times over the years due to work commitments, 3 weeks today I shall be in the chair at Dr. Rahals clinic. Its insane to think that it is so close. Many emotions as normal. Hoping for the best! Cannot wait!

Edited by Raphael84

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Very exciting. I'm a little over 2 wks away from my HT Dr. Rahal which I booked about 4 months ago and I know how excited I am, I can't imagine what you must be feeling waiting as long as you have and the date is finally insight. Good luck and all the best. I hope it's more than you ever expected it to be.

Wow! That's got to be a record wait. You must be chomping at the bit. Congratulations and please keep us posted.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replys and support. Its much appreciated. Dont want to be talking prematurely as I havent even made the plane yet, let alone experienced any results, but have so much to thank this site for. Was real lost before I stummbled here to HTN.

An initial 3k grafts were recommended. But the plan is to hopefully have a much larger yield, as large as Dr. Rahal sees possible and appropriate, and to cover as much scalp as possible. Personally hoping for a large mega session to put this to the background for a few years!

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dr Rahal is an excellent surgeon and you should have no worries Raphael.

Good luck :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Best of luck Raphael!! I've been following your story for several years now.

Dr Rahal is one of the best surgeons around.

Do you know how many grafts you will be getting?? have you agreed on a hairline placement??

all the best,

Hussein

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Guys thanks for the words of encouragement. So down to 2 weeks today. All feeling very real and a few pre-op nerves setting in. Everything's in order, I think I'm pretty well set but if anybody would like to chime in with a little advice on any "necessities" then I'm all ears. Flying out a week on Saturday/Sunday! Plan on documenting it pretty well so any questions/advice are very welcomed.

Real glad that the date is finally arriving but cant say that I am particularly looking forward to the whole procedure at this time. Guess that's all part and parcel.

All the Best, Raphael.

Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

You're one patient dude Raphael. Good luck!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Finally, after initially booking my HT date 4 years ago, and thereafter changing the surgery date probably 5 times over the years due to work commitments, 3 weeks today I shall be in the chair at Dr. Rahals clinic. Its insane to think that it is so close. Many emotions as normal. Hoping for the best! Cannot wait!

Hello Raphael,

Good news for you. Happy that your moving forward. I hope you can post some now pics and share your journey on HTN. What type of surgery are you having; strip or FUE? All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum