Cost for smp vs local tattoo guy?

What is the cost to hide a strip scar? Why can't the local tattoo artist do the same thing?

I really am not sure about the answer to your question but I think the tattoo artist is permanent where smp fades over time I believe, so if your not happy with your result you can alter it a couple years down the line...I think spex knows a lot about this subject, contact him

Only temporary SMP is designed to fade over time. Normal SMP ink can fade, but it's not intentional.

Frankly, if you're interested in SMP, I would go to someone who specializes in the treatment, and not a general tattoo artist. While tattoo artists are very talented, it's a different process and there are "clinics" who specialize strictly in performing SMP.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Variably with regard to both patient and company. Frankly, I'm not too familiar with SMP prices, so I'd probably call some of the clinics and compare prices. Sorry! Wish I could be more specific, but I've seen a variety of numbers and wouldn't really be able to give an easy estimate.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

vanity, Beauty Medical are the only company I know of that is currently using a SMP that fades (it lasts approximately two years). I had the opportunity to see a client who had permanent SMP work done by a tattoo guy in Florida and it was not very good, IMO. It looked like blue dots. He then had Beauty Medical do a procedure and the difference was night and day. The work being done by Beauty Med looks like real stubble, even under close magnification. I would wait until more clinics are offering this type of work.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com