att, joetronic

whats up ,im considering a hairtransplant for a long time,ive been reading blogs and forums almost 10 years, your story gives alot of us bald guys hope, . do you have any recent pics of your latest procedure? also what are your clinics graft surival rates, have you ever had a case of no growth? if a patient just wants to go conserative on graft counts, can this be done, you guys have the most cases on line and i checked them all out,lol, after your two bad transplants ,did you ever consider a hairsystem, before you found hassonandwong, the reason i ask is im at the stage where my comb forward isnt cutting it anymore,and having a hairtransplant wolud be my 1st choice, but if it diddnt work ,could i live with a hair piece,because some guys look good bald but im not one of them ,so i would never shave my head ,im 41,and i nw5a, your hair looks great,and framing my face and having the 1st half donewould be my goal, sorry for so many questions . hope to hear from you soon.

Joetronic does have really good results and it looks very natural. Remember everyone does not get the same results. Even two patients with similar hair loss and having a similar number of grafts during hair transplant procedure do not always get similar results. This is because there are so many factors that play an important role in the outcomes of these procedures.

SBT,

Thanks for your comments and your questions. I'll try to break down your questions individually...

1. what are your clinics graft surival rates?

In most cases about 98%. This isn't a number pulled out of the air either. The docs really did do an in house study years ago to figure out just how much hair grows from a procedure.

2. have you ever had a case of no growth?

No growth? No. Less than full growth? Yes but this is true of every clinic. No matter how good one's record is there will always be those times where the batting average falls short.

3. if a patient just wants to go conserative on graft counts, can this be done?

Of course, but there is a limit to how low we'll go in a graft count. I had one guy ask me this the other day. I think we recommended 4000 grafts and he wanted to take his time and do 1000 grafts at a time to "see how it works out". He is a NW6 and I told him that this isn't the most efficient way to do things not to mention it is much more expensive.

4. after your two bad transplants ,did you ever consider a hairsystem, before you found hassonandwong, the reason i ask is im at the stage where my comb forward isnt cutting it anymore,and having a hairtransplant wolud be my 1st choice, but if it diddnt work ,could i live with a hair piece,because some guys look good bald but im not one of them ,so i would never shave my head ,im 41,and i nw5a, your hair looks great,and framing my face and having the 1st half donewould be my goal, sorry for so many questions .

I considered a hair system for about 2.3 seconds. I then realized that I just didn't want to worry about the short comings of wearing a system. I happen to have a great head shape for shaving but I couldn't because of my old surgeries. Oddly, it wasn't the two wide donor scars that stopped me. It was the pluggy hairline that would begi to grow back the next day and stand out like a sore thumb. That was my biggest fear that prevented me from being a head shaver before I went to Dr. Wong.

5. do you have any recent pics of your latest procedure?

I saw your post earlier today when I was at work but didn't have much time to take any pics. I remembered when I was at the gym this evening so I used my new GS3 (that I was listening to music with) and took these shots.

20120906_200738.jpg?i=1463575335

20120906_200800.jpg?i=1426378925

20120906_200658.jpg?i=1664424108

20120906_200716.jpg?i=2137762803

20120906_204322.jpg?i=9674204

Disclaimer: Last week I had SMP with Milena Lardi in our clinic in Vancouver. I had it along my scar line, my left part line and a light pass across the mid-scalp.

There ya go. Let me know if you have more questions.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

thanks for taking time the time to answer my questions dr.glen charles and joetronic, joetronic ur hair looks amazing ,what a journey it must of been for you , i know no two patients are the same and you cant compare,alot of variables, hair color ,hair diamater,balding area ,etc, thats what makes my case unique,i was born with a big head and a high forehead,as i started losing hair, my apperance changed in a tremendous way,so for me shaving my head is never a option, its either a hairtransplant or hairpiece, i have a comb forward and it looks awful but ,looks beter then being bald, i get stares and have been made fun of because of my hair ,or lack of ,lol, but i stay strong on moveon with my life, its never cool when im with my nieces and some stranger makes a negative comment about my hair ,and its happened before, my goals are modest for a HT, just the front half, wear the hair in a cearer style,it serves two purposes ,1 it will frame my face improve my apperance. and make my highforehead look smaller,its how i use to wear my hair and its the best look for me ,its weird because when i had hair i never was made fun of because of my hair or head,its when i lost hair my that things changed for me , anyway i have no problems using concealer to aid in the hair looking fuller, thats why im thinking around 3000 to 3500 grafts to front half . will provide decent coverage to this area and with concelar it will look even better, thanks for reading

another question for you joetronic , two of my favorite clinics hassonandwong and shapiro medical . i also have rahal up there to, but my question is DFUs double follicular unit, i know shapiro medical uses these in certain cases , but i never seen you guys mention it, is there a reason why you guys dont use them ,where as SMG does, i cant tell any difference in photos i see where they are used, i would think its a good to use them to add denisity in cases where the patient has limited donar,, i always was curious about this, hope you can shed some light on this , also say if a person has a 3000 graft surgery and another patient has 5000 graft surgery ,would the scar be the same length, . one last question ,lol, whats your take on beard hair for transplation,it seems to be a good addition to use with head hair ,would a combation of both be effecient way to cover more area with a limited supply of head donar avalible. thanks for reading ,any input greatly appreciated.thnks

Joe, were your old scars from your first surgeries excised by Dr. Wong? I know it is common practice but sometimes it is not valid(when the initial scar is too high or too low).

Jotronic answering questions and also taking pics whilst at the gym, shows what i nice honest fella he is.

...can i get a signed photo? ...joke, haa.

Jotronic, you're a true gent!

Good luck with your quest SADbutTRUE.

is there a reason why you guys dont use them ,where as SMG does, i cant tell any difference in photos i see where they are used, i would think its a good to use them to add denisity in cases where the patient has limited donar,, i always was curious about this, hope you can shed some light on this

Different clinics will have a different approach to the same problem quite often but in the case of DFU's we don't really subscribe to the idea that they have a place when one is trying to provide an "ultra refined follicular unit transplant". Can they increase density in a given area? Yes, but in my opinion, if you want to have density you simply place the grafts closer together.

When you look at our HD videos you'll notice that in each and every one we do a VERY detailed close-up comb through that you will not find from any other clinic. We do this for one reason and one reason only; so you will see how natural the grafts are even under the most aggressive scrutiny possible.

also say if a person has a 3000 graft surgery and another patient has 5000 graft surgery ,would the scar be the same length

Yes and no. It really depends on the patient's laxity. If they have a really loose scalp then the donor strip taken could simple be wider and kept within the same approximate boundaries for length. If the scalp laxity is not so loose then this would necessitate a longer incision to allow for the increase in grafts.

one last question ,lol, whats your take on beard hair for transplation,it seems to be a good addition to use with head hair ,would a combation of both be effecient way to cover more area with a limited supply of head donar avalible. thanks for reading ,any input greatly appreciated.thnks

I think beard hair is, potentially, a good resource to consider but it has to be used right. One can't just throw it into one's crown and expect it to look natural. I've seen this done before and it looks like a car wreck. It is better suited as a filler in between scalp hairs and even at this level the density from scalp hair should be relatively strong because even with spaces too large in between scalp hairs the beard hairs may make the final result a bit unruly to say the least.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe, were your old scars from your first surgeries excised by Dr. Wong? I know it is common practice but sometimes it is not valid(when the initial scar is too high or too low).

Hi Mickey,

Yes, I had two wide donor scars isolated to the back of my scalp, not the sides. My first surgery with Dr. Wong saw the removal of both scars and I still received 2406 grafts. I am still surprised to this day that he was able to do so much TEN YEARS ago! Time flies! Had I not had those two scars and I was a virgin scalp I may very well have been the first H&W 4000 or even 5000 graft case:)

Consequently, before my first surgery with Dr. Wong the entire back of my donor zone was numb because of the sloppy job performed by Dr. Norris. Once both scars were removed and the donor zone healed I had a complete return of all feeling and it has continued to return after each subsequent procedure since. That was an unexpected but very welcomed benefit of going with Dr. Wong because by that time, March 2002, I had just accepted the numbness as a fact of life and decided to deal with it.

Joe,

Milena came to your clinic? Are you going to have a write up of this with pictures?

Thanks

Hi Davis,

Yes, she and her husband came on August 31st. I'll have some pics and a more comprehensive write up but I've been very busy of late because of a surge of interest in surgeries.

I've also purposely not gone into great detail thus far because of another reason. I am the one that is responsible for exposing Milena to our market. She was already pretty well known in Italy on the discussion boards but once I mentioned her a few months ago it seems like the flood gates opened and I've been surprised at the rush of interest. I feel a responsibility to take this slow and not force feed the info. If people interpret a barrage of info as unbridled enthusiasm then I'll feel very guilty and upset if anyone makes a rush decision. I have seen SMP in it's finest form but I won't give any real info until I have time to dish out that info in a proper fashion that leaves no room for ambiguity.

67MPH,

HA! Thank you, sir. Let's not get into autographs from hair guys just yet. In real life I'm a bit of a Karl Pilkinton:)

Edited by Jotronic

Jotronic, you're the US answer to Karl Pilkington, haa, i doubt you're as naive or potentially that lack lustre in your being and now, not even near Karls norwood!!?

Whilst we're on Karl, i always wondered if he'd (paid for via Ricky Gervais of course!) go for a HT for a television special 'Karl tries...', just saying.

I think Karl's great hair or no hair.

Thanks for the info in this thread Jo!