What do you hate about San Francisco?

mdonzay

I am from NY state (Buffalo area) and used to live in San Diego for 3 years and HATED it. Moved back to NY, got my degree and now am planning a move to San Francisco. Everyone tells me SF is different, but I am not really believing them at this point. Is this a bad idea? I have been reading a lot about it and it just seems like another Southern California w/ a political axe to grind.

I am pretty liberal, early 30's, love goth, industrial, rockabilly,I work in early childhood education, but I am still a NY'er to my core. Thoughts and opinions on SF? Are people really shallow, cold and stuck up?

I'm an SF native, been living here for decades. It's changed -- much less of a neighborly, "small town" vibe. Fewer quaint mom & pop-type shops, more upscale and boutique-y. The main difference is that it's now very expensive, and there are far fewer families and kids. It's still a great city, but the character has definitely changed. If you're young, like to party & spend dough, and in no rush to raise a family, you'll probably like it fine here. Anyway, welcome to SF!