Rogaine foam and gloves

Hey guys,

Im currently using minoxidil spray and planning to switch to rogaine foam once i finish the spray bottle.

I don't wanna rub the foam with my fingers so nothing can be absorbed there! So i was thinking to use disposable rubber gloves to rub the foam, is that OK ? Would it affect the result in any way ? If not, can i use any rubber gloves or i should use specific ones ?

Thanks,

aim4hair,

Using rubber gloves should have no effect whatsoever on the potency and absorption of Rogaine Foam on the scalp. I've always used my fingers with no harmful effects but any gloves should be just fine.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

aim4hair,

Using rubber gloves should have no effect whatsoever on the potency and absorption of Rogaine Foam on the scalp. I've always used my fingers with no harmful effects but any gloves should be just fine.

Thanks David, i think i will be using gloves then.

should i rub the foam all over the nw7 area to be proactive just in case im programmed to end up being nw7 or just on the top of my head, im nw3A or 4 i guess.

also i had an HT for the hairline and midfront area, i had very little native hair there, so should i apply rogaine on that area as well for the little native hair i have left between the transplanted hair (since the transplantd hair does not need rogaine).

Thanks.

There are no hair follicles on the tips of your fingers so don't worry, you won't turn into a werewolf!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day