hair Transplant

Possibly they mean for facilitating the healing process?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I am going to have my hair restoration in Dr,Batras B perfect on 22nd Sep

Dr Ravi,UK return,he started hair restorations from last year,did 370 hair restorations till now

I am very much scared......

Please give me suggestions

Hello Pawan!

After talking to you yesterday, I googled Dr. Ravi and came up with only Dr. Batra's promotions crediting him...nothing else.

IMHO, a HT surgeon who started working a year ago and has already done 370 surgeries smells just too fishy. This means he practically operated every day without taking even one day break. Either that or ....

BTW for your info Dr. Batra has many hair transplant clinics in India..Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Cochin, Chennai etc. They are also planning to generate more money to expand their hair transplant network.. Dr Batra's to raise Rs 100 cr PE fund It's clearly another business venture for them.

If you are confident about the surgeon go ahead, but do not take his word for face value.

"i already paid in advance 10k

they won't refund money

wat should i do now?"

Find some information he has published that is false and use that as a basis to get your refund. By the sounds of it, it shouldn't be too hard.

Out of interest, is the 10k GBP?? What was that for? FUT/FUE? how many grafts?

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Thank you very much for u r suggestions

i already paid in advance 10k

they won't refund money

wat should i do now?

Pavan, I would demand a refund or find an attorney. Unless you signed/executed some type of written agreement waiving any refund of monies paid, they really have no basis to not release your money in my honest opinion.

Every now and then I hear of this situation of a patient paying "in full" upfront and then needing to cancel and being refused their money back. IMHO, "this is a very bad sign and unethical business practice". They may have already spent your money but that does not mean they cannot refund you. Some clinics have a cancellation fee but rarely does a clinic collect that much money upfront.

Also be very careful that any clinic does not play the "musical chair" thing on you. I have heard of patients paying upfront and then they get a completely different doctor/surgeon on the day of their procedure without any prior notice of the change of doctors. They make up some outlandish excuse and then tell you that "Dr. No Experience" will be doing your procedure. This is exactly how they get their newest inexperienced doctors a case to get expereince with. Many of these mis-informed patients simply go along with the last minute switch, and even some of them are already medicated when the switch is being conveyed to them. They then find themselves in a very uncompromising situation without any leverage because they already paid the full amount. All of the control is in the clinic's hands, not yours.

I always advise patients to never pay enourmous amounts upfront, only a reasonable room deposit to hold that date, no more until the day of their procedure. That way, if there are any last minute "surprises or switches", you have not yet paid and you can always walk out because you hold the power until you pay in full. Trust me, they are aware of that much more than the patient realizes until it's too late.

Clearly I am not accusing any one in particular of shammimg you, but IMHO, this does look very fishy to me as well.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY