Is now the right time for a transplant? pics attached

Hey mate,uv got pretty thick hair and are very young to consider a ht!!! Have u tried propecia?? I'd give that a whirl first!!! Some people get side effects,google it first read trough them,then decide if u want to give that a try first!!! I'm no experts by any means,and am new to this forum but I'm my opinion your very young for it,and most doctors would be reluctant at your age I'd imagine,not to say they wouldn't but even if u want a ht they recommended being on propecia if possible so,try that and in 12 months decide,might work out great for you and you won't need the ht yet!!! Good luck with whatever you decide,it's obviously your own chic!!!!

I agree no hair transplant yet, but I'd get on Propecia to hold on to what you have, because for 23 your forehead looks like it could be growing.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Blimey you're persistent! This is about the 4th time you've posted the same thing!!

Yeah, it looks like you're receeding. The extent of loss you will get can only be guessed by you - take a look at your male relatives. Brothers, dad, uncles.

The best thing you could do is book a consultation with one of the recommended docs and they will give you advice on medications. Most reputable places won't operate on anyone your age unless they have a couple of solid years on finasteride/minoxidil and evidence that it has retained your existing hair.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I would think twice about taking Proprecia champ. I'm 26 and am VERY apprehensive about it. The FDA recently made Merck(the manufacturer of Proprecia) list potential permanent erectile dysfunction as one of its potential side effects. Sure, most likely it won't happen and if it does, it might dissipate after time. But at 23 with your whole life ahead of you I would not risk it. I would rather have a depleted donor supply at 40 than a lifetime of erectile dysfunction...

That said, things are not so black and white. Proprecia will help you keep your existing hair as well as regrow some hair that you have lost. Although it won't grow hair where no hair ever existed so if you want to redefine your hairline or lower it, Proprecia won't do that unless you had hair there in the first place, even then it's not guaranteed.

Minoxidyl(Rogaine or Lipogaine) is a good start and is mainly side effect free. Certainly does not have any serious potential side effects. Also a shampoo containing Ketoconozale would not hurt as that ingredient is said to inhibit DHT. DHT is the main cause of hairloss. Revita and Regenepure are two great shampoos that contain this ingredient and are both SLS free(cheap, harmful substance that is used to foam up).

Depending on how low you want your hair, you might need a large FUE session, 1,000 grafts or more. That's being conservative. Be aware that if you do go down this road, if you do loss hair in the future, you will have to go back for more surgery. Unless you want a strip of hair at the front where the FUE grafts are implanted with thinning or no hair behind it. Same would go for FUT, the method used is dictated by your feelings in regards to cost, detection and how short you want your hair. Certainly could be done by FUE with the right surgeon.

Just don't expect a one-surgery solution as you may loss hair later even with Rogaine, Proprecia and Ketoconozale.