*UPDATE FUE* Dr. Paul Shapiro 12 Months Result - 2073grafts/4112 hairs

HERE WE PRESENTED 6 MONTHS RESULT IN MARCH OF 2012:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165209-dr-paul-shapiros-6-mo-fue-result-2073grafts-4112hairs.html

**UPDATE** NEW PICS TAKEN AT 12 MONTHS POST OP

Slide1-1.jpg

Slide2-1.jpg

Slide3-1.jpg

Slide4-1.jpg

Slide5-1.jpg

Slide6-1.jpg

Slide7-1.jpg

Slide8-1.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide14.jpg

Slide15.jpg

Good result.

Even though this is a great result and SMG do great fue, I still don't believe the yield is matching SMG strip in my opinion.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

That is a nice result. I think the only difference between that and one of their strip procedures would be the lack of a linear scar. I haven't seen many SMG fue results but the few I have seen look good. Dodger comes to mind as another one.

Edited by Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Good result.

Even though this is a great result and SMG do great fue, I still don't believe the yield is matching SMG strip in my opinion.

I disagree with you on this point, chrisdav. From what I see and comparing it to other SMG results, the yield achieved from the 2,000+ FUE grafts is the same as would have been achieved if the same number of grafts had been taken from this patient via strip. The relatively small graft count had to cover quite a bit of real estate (NW IIIA), so whether taken by FUE or FUT, they weren't going to give this patient a "mop" of hair -- which I think would have looked wrong on this patient anyway.

I think SMG do great Fue Pupdaddy, one of the leaders with very consistent results of a high quality and somewhere I would go if I was having fue performed on my head.

But I think that their strip results look fuller and denser than their fue in my opinion and I would say I have noticed that with most of the other leading clinics who perform both procedures. Maybe I am wrong, just started wearing contact lenses Pup :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Maybe the difference is that SMG's larger sessions are strip? I do remember Janna saying that SMG isn't noticing any difference in yield as between FUE and FUT, so maybe it's just that the FUT cases you are thinking of where higher density was achieved were due to more grafts being transplanted (a bigger session). Either that or maybe you've lost a contact lens, cd. :) But I agree with you: SMG's FUT and FUE work is consistently beautiful and my personal favorite among the groups that generally take a more conservative approach.

Janna....when you say he uses styling products would that include concealers or is it just hair gel?

It's just a hair gel. We'd never take pictures of our patients if they had concealers in. There wouldn't be any point in it.

Pupdaddy,

You are right that you're likely to see better density on our strip results than you would with fue cases. It is due to the fact that our strip patients tend to get higher graft count in a given cm2 or the hair to graft ratio is higher. Because the follicles are more fragile with fue sessions, our doctors do tend to be more cautious with fue cases so there's ample blood supply in the recipient area. They spread the grafts over a larger area. Great observation.

This guy looks great and must be thrilled with his results!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.