Taking the Plunge - My First HT scheduled for October

.. I Myself 22 NW2 ... ...Lost Some hair b/w 20-21.. No hairloss Now.....No Balding history running on Father's Side.. Believe it or not My Dad and Uncles are NW1... yeah thats it NW1!!!

I Probably Inherited Genes from My Mom's Side.. Both Uncles Receeded to NW2 at their 20's.. and is pretty Much Same Now at 54 and 48 age.. Some slight Recession maybe but not a NW3 for sure... My Maternal Grandpa was a NW 3 when he died at 71... No History of Vertex Thinning Ever on Both Sides of Family... I Pretty Much resemble the hairlines of My Uncles

My Older brother (26) still have no Recession.. Lucky Fella..:cool:

I'm now Looking for a 800 Graft Strip to Create a Nice Hairline ,a Mature one.... Because I'm now Low on Confidence and Self Esteem..

I think of Going for an HT without taking meds... Using Minox Twice daily would make my Life More Miserable than as it's now... And the Initial shed is something which i cant think about... Propecia has never done to Anything on Temples...So Dat woud be Of No USe...

Attached Fotos

---------------

1st one My Maternal Uncle's hairline(54 Years Old)

2nd and 3rd Mine..

I'am Considering a Conservative approach. Not Lowering but creating a Strong hairline ..Temple closure on my Right Temple was always Thin when compared to Other Temple.. Maybe Fix that too..:rolleyes:

And yeah I've been Researching and Lurking Forums for the Past Year.... And Since Now My hairloss has stabilised for Past year I am really Looking Forward to get this Done... Would Greatly Help My Depressed Mind

And if Some Cure Comes within 5-10 Years:rolleyes: (Histogen,PGD2,etcc) then I Would Reconstruct Mine to a Juvennile One.. Being Optimistic :D

Would Need Some Feedback from experts.:)

Especially from those Who have Undergone HT's at Young age(before 25)...

Also Shaving Down to level 0 is Out of Question.. I have Done it Once at 19 (Not because of recession ) and Does'nt Look Good.. Actually Looked Like a Gangster... And even my relatives (Mom too) didn't like it... Also Sporting a Bald Head is Uncommon in place where i live...

3e75b2fed770478a64ffdccaba783bd4.jpeg.60e539bd3c51a864b2bcb7332761e440.jpeg

140820124822.jpg.58ef050c8f469f8e6ad8ee0a339a954b.jpg

140820124821.jpg.5a9021cea9a622f307e7c38ea9b48783.jpg

Hi,

Couple of things here...

1. Any (decent) surgeon would most likely not agreed to d a procedure at your age, as you are susceptible to further loss through your 20's. Who has agreed to do it in October?

2. If a surgeon has agreed to do work for you, i wouldn't recommend FUT (strip) for just 800 grafts. It's a big scar for such a small number. A good FUE session would be more than sufficient (age permitting).

From the pics, you seem to have a good head of hair anyway, so i would just maintain what you have for the present and then look to have work in the future.

However, if you must have work done and have had someone agree to do it, i would recommend doing a larger session (FUE) of around 2,000 and having approx 1,000 in the hairline and another 1,000 dense packing in between your native hairs in the frontal 3rd to slow/soften any pending further loss.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

If your family history is really that good, consider yourself lucky! If my hairline was as good as yours, I wouldn't risk surgery for a couple more years, to make sure my hairline was done doing what it was going to do. I would hate to see you have surgery done now and then see your hairline receed a bit more. That would leave you with another gap to fill in.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Sharan,

Thanks for taking the time to share your story and post photos of your existing hair. I agree with others that it may be a bit premature to begin undergoing hair transplant surgery. While I understand that you are concerned about an initial shedding period, in my opinion, I think you should seriously reconsider Propecia and/or Rogaine. Note also that while your family history is on your side, it's not a guarantee of how your hair loss will progress.

If you do undergo hair transplantation at this early age, at the very least, I'm glad you are going to consider taking a conservative approach. But just know that if you do spend money to lower the hairline and refine your temple area, you will be committing yourself to subsequent procedures in the event your temples and/or hairline recede further.

Best of luck in maintaining and restoring your hair,

Bill