Newbie seeking advice

Hi

It is great to see so many great and succesul cases and here and it has really helped me make the decision to look at surgery.

In short i am about to embark on strip surgery this week. I have been considering it for many years but decided that if i did not do it this year then i would likely never to do so.

Within a few weeks to go i am, as you can imagine starting to get nervous! and wanted to seek advice and guidance from yourselves....

Firstly my surgery is with Dr Bhatty from Transform in the UK however on looking on the internet i see little or no evidence of bad stories, has anyone come across him on here and is the news generally positive?

I am getting strip surgery with around 3700 grafts split between the front and rear of my head. I am concerned about my ability to cover this up after 2 weeks, more so with the front inplants than the rear scar. Thoughts on this or is this just normal? my hair is of an ok length and could be combed forward to cover some of the redness.

my final question is around how people manage the growth in coming months i.e. how do you ensure the shorter hair looks normal with longer hair around it? is this just something you have to live with until its all of the same lenght?

Thanks in advance for you guidance and support.

If you are wanting to have surgery done in the UK, I would certainly check out The Farjo Medical Centre in Manchester.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I just did a search on here and there was one post about a year ago regarding Dr Bhatty.

It's not good news! If I were you I'd cancel and consider going elsewhere.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi thanks, yes I know about the guy from the tv. He was upset as te tv refused for transform to pay for his session and as a result he was extremely negative about the whole experience. He later, 6 months plus was interviewed and reported to be happy with the treatment. I guess that's TV for you!

Any thoughts or suggestions on my other questions?

You may also consider going to Feriduni, Bisanga, or Devroye in Belgium. Lots of people from the UK go that route. They are all outstanding surgeons.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Honestly, if I were in your shoes I would cancel it. No-one has ever heard of this clinic, if there is only one review (and it's bad) then I wouldn't go near the place. You could end up being one of these people who ends up looking far worse and spends thousands and thousands getting repaired at a reputable clinic.

Dr. Farjo is the only one recommended here in UK however for my procedure 19 days ago I flew to New York to a reputable doctor (Feller) ... it just isn't worth the risk doing it here when abroad you can get much better results.

I've seen and read of sooo many terrible procedures done in UK and I fear for you that you'll be one of these cases.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I found the website of Transform. They only have 2 photos of their results, which themselves don't look too great. Worrying...

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

1morehair -- The answer to your question is it is extremely unlikely that after 2 weeks you're going to be able to conceal the fact that you had an HT. You're having a pretty large procedure done so there will be a lot of redness still. Most people that have big procedures look pretty bad for up to 3 months. This is the biggest downside to an HT (especially a strip surgery).

The bigger concern, as many other posters have pointed out, is your choice of clinics. I have zero knowledge of your doctor so I don't know if he's good or bad, but I would be extremely cautious going to somebody who doesn't have a lot of positive feedback. Like others have said, you could end up looking a lot worse that you currently do. Or maybe he's great and it will turn out good. Either way, it sounds like it's more of a gamble than going with somebody who is proven and backed by hundreds of documented cases.

You only have a finite amount of grafts available. You want to take the risk out of the equation.

Hi, Sorry for the late reply, already done i'm afraid. So far i must admit i seem to be pleased but clearly early days.

I am unsure on how i tell at this stage if its a success or not! the day went quick and the team were very friendly. The Dr Bhatti took the strip and stiched me up, this seems to be holding but clearly i cant tell yet whether this will be a large or small scar. I had i believe around 3800 implants but again i cant tell if this is the case or not, these were done between front (mainly) middle and back.

The doctor made the slits and a group of experienced nurses put them in. I assumed this was normal practice. The whole treatment took around 8 hours.

The care i received during the day was fantastic so if this is anything to go by then 10 out of 10, but clearly there is more to this treatment than good customer care.

I have no swelling, other than a little buldge around the donor area. This again i assume is down to whats happened. The hairline created looks ok, but again hard to tell at this stage.

I did have an incident where i moved one of my existing hairs which was clearly stuck to an implant and as such two implants fell out on day one! after small bleeding this stopped, as you can imagine this was not the greated feeling i had!!

Today my head is itchy, i have washed it for the first time and holding off from itching!!!

I ready you reviews with interest and clearly i hope that they are not right. I have seen Dr in Florida in the past and must admit all were ok but felt more confident with Dr Bhatti. Also worth noting that i approached Dr Fargo but clearly he has too much work on as getting an appointment was nearly impossible, it is also worth noting that he asked me to send pictures via email to assess whether i was a case or not for a hair transplant. He responded with 'no' however both US and UK Dr said i was....... so unsure why he would say that without even seeing me, not a great experience.

I will keep you all posted on my future experience as i believe its important that if this is successful or not that others get a fair and balanced view.

Hi Badbeat - thanks for your reply and agree. I guess its always a gamble and the more experienced the better! i must admit all of the comments on here are making me nervous but then i assume as there is no real bad feedback found on the internet that something really bad may not happen. I will keep everything crossed and hope for great results.

I hope it works out for you mate. I consulted with Dr Bhatti about 1.5yrs. He is very friendly and he gave me some advice. But having looked at various fora about HTs, i asked the lady at Transform for the Dr's CV. I wasn't pleased by the response. In the end i received something that showed that Dr Bhatti performed 250 HTs only. That was it, I turned my back to Transform and in the end i had my HT three and half weeks ago with Dr Farjo, having consulted with a number of doctors in the UK and abroad.. Everything seems OK at the moment. Please, I am not trying to say that Dr Bhatti is not a good surgeon, but there are not any reviews about him and his work. Hope that everything works out for you. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hope you get a great result.

It would be good if you could post some photos which would help others considering the Transform clinic.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 7 months later...

Hi all, well 7 months on and i must admit i am happy with what i have to date. Clearly i would be lying if i said was hoping for a full head of hair, like the ones in my 20s :) but i do appreciate in reality this was never going to happen.

My hair has started to thicken up and is very much better than 12 months ago! i have a hair line back and my crown is also looking much thicker. The key thing to point out is that no one can tell i have had a transplant and the hairline is very natural.

The scar on the back of my head is hardly noticeable and i think i could have a number 2 blade without people even seeing it...

All on all very happy to date with my procedure and would recommend both transform and Dr Bhatty. With 4+ months of more hair growth and what i have thickening i am extremely pleased with the results!

Regimen:

1. Rogaine 5% Foam (1 application per day)

2. Proscar 0.5mg once (3) per week

3. Tony Maledy Shampoo (three times per week)