Methods of HT payment.

How do you guys (or gals) with the exception of having a gloriously fat wallet pay for your hair transplants?

I have all the information I need if I were to do it and I know I'd go with Farjo for FUE because he has a good reputation, Manchester is close and I have a morbid fear of flying.

I've had a graft estimate of 1500 to get the look that I want but no matter how I look at it I simply cannot afford ten and a half grand. I have never ever been overdrawn or in debt and as such I live a pretty happy stress free life. I don't plan to start the debt game with this so I was wondering about the many other wonderful ways that you guys go about it.

Of course I could do what I always do when I want something and save up the spare cash, but that might take more years that I'd like to live with looking like this.

I realise I'm shutting myself into a bit of a corner with my financial ethics but debt is really something I avoid, and even more so with the current financial mess the UK is in.

Any information will be helpful, thanks.

P.S. The estimate was from a Vinci Clinic consultation not Farjo but I assume it'll be around the same number of grafts.

If you don't have the money stored away and ready to hand over then I don't see how you can avoid getting some sort of loan to pay for the procedure. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any secrets they can share about this, but I see no options.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I've read mixed reviews about Care Credit. It is a credit card with low/no interest for the first year or two. Lots of people use it and lots of physicians on here accept it.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

My parents very kindly paid for mine, otherwise I'd have had no hope at all. It does strike me how the financial side of things seem like no big deal to most people on here with comments like "you can always get another procedure" or people who have had lots done already, I wonder how the world is so rich but poor little me so...poor!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

My parents very kindly paid for mine, otherwise I'd have had no hope at all. It does strike me how the financial side of things seem like no big deal to most people on here with comments like "you can always get another procedure" or people who have had lots done already, I wonder how the world is so rich but poor little me so...poor!

In some cases it can simply be a case of priorities. To some a hair transplant is a top priority. More important than a new house, a new car, travel/vacations. It can be so important it warrants getting a second job to help pay for a procedure via lump sum or to cover a monthly loan payment. Many, many people have credit card balances that are more than a hair transplant, so again it is a case of priorities. A hair transplant costs about as much or less than many used cars. A used car lasts a few years, a hair transplant can last a lifetime.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I was able to finance a good portion by obtaining a 0% credit card...actually had to get 2 of them to have the credit line I needed. As noted above...if u have it as a high priority u will find a way to finance it. I just thought about all the other useless stuff I buy meaning say leasing a car...u wind up spending a lot more than a ht on it over the lease and u come away with nothing at the end...so at least a ht is forever and it will literally change ur life unlike probably any other purchase u will make. Again...it comes to how high u place getting a ht over other priorities. To me it was as high as u can get bc it was holding me back so much and now I am free...free of the hairloss burden that affected my everyday routine and life.

First, one must have good credit. Second, transfer ht procedure balance from one credit card to another credit card, using a promotional offer of 0% for 1-2 years. That's how I financed my ht procedures, and I paid off each credit card (eventually) with little paid interest. Like shampoo and capelli were saying.....priorities, priorities! For me, my daily mood affects my life much more than a house, car, or being in debt.

This may be difficult to determine or forecast but ask yourself if you can still make the payments should one lose their current employment.

Some of us have a working spouse, some have little to no debt to begin with, etc. But if you find yourself on a tight budget at present, I would not advocate going into any deep debt for a HT procedure.

Re-evaluate your budget and see how much of a payment you think you can handle even if your income was greatly reduced.

Let's say for example that magic number is say, $200 per month. Then see what interest rate you qualify for and then you will be able to compute how much of a loan amount that would yield, not exceeding the $200 monthly budget. Obviously the lower the rate, the more you will qualify for.

The key is to not put yourself in a financial situation over-extending oneself. :rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY