2000 - FUT GRAFTS - Dr Ulf Kienecker

chippy10

Hi everyone , I underwent surgery with Dr Ulf Kienecker on Dec 2nd 2011 for 2000 FUT grafts . The consultation was in Manchester where I was told I needed grafts to the back and centre . I then went for surgery a few months later when I was told by Dr Kienecker this was not as necessary as the front hair line . I then advised the Dr to give me a strong hair line or improve it which should have been easily achievable with 2000 grafts and my current hair-line . After surgery when returning to my hotel I was shocked that the work I could see on my scalp look nowhere near 2000 grafts . I am now 8 months post op and my hair line is ridiculously thin and it is like hardly anything has been done with density across my hair line the same as before . I have queried this over and over again with the Dr. Kienecker but I keep getting told to wait 12 months . I keep saying hair is not going to grow where no grafts were placed . I was extrememly concerned at the lack of work carried out and my hair shows no signs of improvement . Please feel free to reply and advise if this looks like I have been short changed on 2000 grafts . Your responses would be really appreciated .

First pic is pre op , second one is after op on day of surgery

5b32d3f44677a_pre-op.jpg.4c0ed482f11c839ff9ef220c33f5c7c3.jpg

5b32d3f4794a1_postop-day1.jpg.a495abcb4001df1255151a1aa1a57945.jpg

No way to tell with those pics, plus your hair is long enough, you just can't tell.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

As you can see my hair is in a bad way , the front hair line is extrememly thin and looks like no work has been carried out at all . The rest as you can see is also pretty bad . I have serious doubts that 2000 grafts were placed and my hair looks a whole lot worse than before surgery .

5b32d3f852b15_fronthairline.jpg.943b2fbd559de70685050384ca848cd7.jpg

scalp.jpg.b50b0e1bb112a5490d8ab6fec1682466.jpg

Chippy

It looks like you have suffered further hairloss , either naturally or `shockloss` from the procedure . I would wait and see if any grows back over 12-18 months , may be worth trying some minoxidil as well

I have not heard of this Dr , the general rule of thumb in the UK is go with Dr Farjo or nobody , i cant stress that enough . Dr Ferudini and Dr Bisanga are situated in Brussells may be worth a consult with both , I would definantly not go back to your Dr and would look at some sort of refund if there is no improvement

all the best

ej

To be fair, there are no pre-ops, wet of the top, so it is hard to tell. Whether or not you received is kind of irrelevant at this point, because the planning in your case looks awful. You are obviously headed towards an advanced norwood level and no doctor should have done a 2000 graft hairline case.

I looks to me, if you are wanting to look like you have not had a transplant and have a good head of hair, you are going to need a 3,500-4,000 case and be on finasteride.

If you are not on fin, you really should be IMO.

Sorry to be giving the bad news, but it looks like you were screwed.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

i think its only fair to wait the 12 months out and then fully assess your result . Would be good to see some more pictures if possible , from the ones you have posted it looks like you have a diffused hair loss pattern , or aggressive mpb , or as i said earlier lots of shockloss that may grow back ! I would wait the full 12 months and then voice your concerns to your Dr if things dont improve

May be an idea to consult with a couple of Drs and get there opinion , i think Dr Feruduni and Dr Bisanga do consults in London , i think Dr Bisanga is there in September may be worth sending them a mail and see what they reccommend

hope this helps

ej

• 3 months later...

Hi Chippy10,

Any progress since your last post?

I'm actually new to this site/network etc and I too had surgery with Dr. Ulf Kienecker via London Hairtransplant Clinic eight months ago, and if i'm totally honest am pretty upset to the fact that i've had no hair grwoth whatsoever..

I too have emailed and called both the Clinic and Dr. Kienecker's office and was told the same thing, that I'd need to wait till 12 Months has elapsed, which is all well and good but it's slightly embarassing when you see friends you havent met for a while and they're asking as to when your HT will take place!!..

If you've had any progress i would appreciate to hear it..

Thanks,

Hi Wozza33 , I was told to wait 6 months , then 12 but I explained grafts would not magically grow where they were not placed and I seriously doubted the work carried out . I am into my 12 month stage and I hope you don't go through what I am going through . The grafts he placed at the temples are so thin that it looks like receding hair and no different to before I went for surgery . The frontal hair line is exactly the same as before I went in as we did no work there at all . The rest of my scalp is also seriuosly thinned . I invited him to come onto SKYPE to see and he refused and asked me to speak to his solicitor with any of my concerns . The clinic say they will only let me have a second procedure with the Dr. Kienecker and no refund , something I cannot risk again . I am basically stuck with worse looking hair than before surgery and a lot of money down . After speaking with our recommended surgeons for second opinions they believe he should never have placed grafts across diffuse thinning areas as he has caused more hair loss .

That's where I stand at this stage my friend , if I were you I would not expect too much from his surgery .

Hi Chippy, I feel for you man, I had 2 botched HT's and actually paid a deposit with Dr Kienecker for my 3rd. It was at that point I discovered this website and decided to get my money back sharpish. It scares me that theres Docs out there who basically aren't up to scratch and don't give a fuck about the outcome as long as they get their cash. Absolute shits the lot of em! I know that if I had gone through with surgery with Dr Kienecker and got a sub-standard result it would have finished me off and that scares me too. Hopefully you've got more donor hair in the bank to rescue your hair mate. All the best to you and I hope things get better eventually.