Wondering something about fue

azazelgs

Hi all,

İ was wondering something about fue and this may sound stupid to some since i really dont know a lot about the fue technique.

Today i met with my cousin. He is nearly 40 years old with a diffuse thinning nw 6 but he still has a decent hair with a good hairline. When i was looking at his hair , i noticed that his donor zone is very low and he has a fine hair , probably the worst candidate for a ht. But since his donor densitiy is pretty low , his thinning on top of is head is less obvious. What is mean is the contrast of density is nearly none between his donor and his recipent site, he never had a ht and probably never will.

So my question is , if someone with a high nw level such as 5-6 ( with a good density in donor) goes for a fue , wouldnt it be logical to use all his donor site and decrease the density difference ? Lets say he has 90 fu/cm2. İf doctor extracts between 35-40 fu/cm2 (from all of his donor area) the sides will be 50-55 fu s and the top will be 35-40 fu s, assuming that he is completely bald on top. İ may sound stupid but this i thought about all day and hope someone clarifies me on that.

FUE can be used on diffuse thinners but sometimes its not in the best interest of the patient. You don't want to take too much out of that area because they may make them appear extremely thin and it won't look right. Also he probably won't be able to harvest many grafts in order to make a significant difference in his appearance. It's really best to make that decision in person, because it's hard to say without seeing photos.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hairupthere,

I was not talking about any specific person or condition. English is not my native language so it's probably my fault that i tell it right.

I was just trying to say that I have never seen a FUE approach that aims the whole donor area to become less dense and use it to a nw 5-6. After seeing my cousins head , this just made me wonder about it. He has a very bad donor characteristics and he is a diffuse thinner. However , because of his donor is very low , his thinning is nearly unnoticeable. So I was wondering that if some doctor uses the whole donor area with fue , will it make the ht better?? I mean when I was looking at my cousin , it's only "a guy with fine hair."

• 2 weeks later...

There is a nw6 in here who has posted lots of pictures and has done what you're talking about I think he has had 7000 fue grafts from all over to make sides match top it looked quite good. Look in the patients photo section for big fue sessions.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 1 year later...
Wouldnt it be logical to use all his donor site and decrease the density difference?

It makes sense that this would be a component of assessment with all hair transplants, although obviously it would be more meaningful in those with smaller donor regions. I would certainly bring this up if you are going in for a consultation, as it relies on the artistic eye and open-mindedness of the surgeon doing the HT.