How many grafts?

How many grafts?

Photos attached

Best

Honestly, I am slightly confused with the question. Are you asking how many you grafts you need now or how many do you think were transplanted. To some researching, I would have thought you have had a transplant due to the angulation and the degree of densities in those areas as well as your set of hairstyle which most clinics may advise through a conservative placement approach. The outline or loop of the hairline kind of also gave me a tad feeling along with your hairstyle which made me think you already had one based on conservative approach.

However, if you haven't had a transplant, sorry about that. But if you are looking to tweak some areas then what are your concerns or areas you'd like to add to? If you are looking for higher density then probably a doctor can answer you as to how many you need and each doctor sees this differently. I'll guess but it could be up to or around 1,500 grafts depending on your wishes and what they are able to provide. I don't know if you are looking to extend the hairline further much more or rather just fill in to increase density, but anything is possible given you have good donor density and based on what method you choose (FUT or FUE). These are my non-professional opinions as I am just a researcher. Best of luck with everything.

How many grafts?

-update: to fill in hairline, not lower it.

Photos attached

Best

Thanks for the update. Then I would say you are looking possibly at up to 1,500 grafts to amp up the front with density and more consistency to allow for a stronger stable hairstyle and look. Could be a little less, but again, a doc will clarify it and set it in their stone, but it's just a thought that comes to my mind looking at similar results with similar situations on the net. Best of luck. :)

LOL, talk about taking it down to the exact graft amount. :D

Thanks for the update. Then I would say you are looking possibly at up to 1,500 grafts to amp up the front with density and more consistency to allow for a stronger stable hairstyle and look. Could be a little less, but again, a doc will clarify it and set it in their stone, but it's just a thought that comes to my mind looking at similar results with similar situations on the net. Best of luck. :)

LOL, talk about taking it down to the exact graft amount. :D

Can it be achieved with FUE?

Yes, and I would suggest FUE with a good FUE doctor! Your case is small enough to and should be perfect for a FUE.

Only downside is that FUE is a bit more expensive.

Edited by BadBeat

Yes and I do not see why your goal wouldn't be able to be achieved with FUE. It's certainly not a large procedure and you have it made with a decent amount of hair at your age. Take a look at numerous results on individuals that have had FUE around the same number of grafts for your type of placement and hairstyling preference. If you can, it is probably more preferable to see someone in person if possible that have had it. There are a couple of results on here though and all over the place with up to 1500 graft ranges for FUE and even more. FUE will cost double or nearly double the price of a FUT procedure in North America, however, you will maintain your flexibility in the long run especially if your hairloss is stabilized and you don't have any further hint of progression. To each his own, but FUE would probably be the best thing in your case since you are not looking at a massive procedure and since for the most part your hairloss at around age 40-42 may very well be stable. Good Luck.

Bernstein Medical, called the ARTAS System?

I have straight blonde hair (dye it I guess for this?)

Would seem the best way to go for FUE? No?

This is all from my own research and what I gather and understand from it as someone that is not a professional.

Yes, I have heard you can dye your hair for the ARTAS system to enable extraction on lighter hair colors. I can't give an opinion for ARTAS as I have never seen a grown out result utilized by the ARTAS system extraction method. For Neograft, I can't vouch for it since I am not sure if the air pressure affects the graft health as some claim it does. For other automatic motorized FUE tools I am not too sure right now and confused about that. For manual punch, it seems that it is very labor intensive process but some people who spoke with me prefer it that way based on various factors.

So, it's up to you.

You can do ARTAS extraction.

You can do Neograft extraction.

You can do motorized extraction.

You can do manual non-motorized extraction.

Just request results done by each method of extraction to get an idea. I think that is the best way to research it and be specific about it.

Also, keep in mind the punch diameter size. For straight hair like yours, in my own non-professional opinion, I'd imagine ideal punches from .75mm to .9mm but for other hair types it might be a little larger since the hair texture can have different variables for extraction. For example, curlier, thicker, or wavier hairs and so forth.

So, punch size to me is important. I only say this as a concern I myself had when it comes to the visibility of scarring that may look/appear with a pitted look if larger punches are used.

So, to be on the safe side, some people prefer lower punches but not low enough to harm grafts. You also have to be realistic as to how low you can go when it comes to punch diameter size for extraction. Your donor would heal quicker if properly extracted. Hope that helps.

I'm a little biased but I would check out Shapiro Medical Group in Minnesota. They are producing some fantastic small FUE hairline cases the past year or so. Both doctors are great for cases like yours that only want a conservative hairline.

• 2 weeks later...

1500 would look good. 2000 would look killer. (Looks like you are thining a little deeper on the side shot.

Do not lower your hairline.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 years later...