4 months-Dr. Feller-1350 grafts

Hey all,

Here is my 4 month update, to quote a great band, "what a long strange trip." It felt as though I was never going to get out of the ugly duckling stage! I stopped staring every evening at my hairline because I would constantly wonder if anything was ever going to grow. For all of you about to go through this process, and those who have may agree with me, the surgery and healing time seems like a piece of cake when compared to the waiting around wondering if anything will grow. That has been the hardest part for me by far.

Almost on cue, i woke up one morning near the 4 month mark and patches that were barren or really thin seemed fuller. It seems as though the hairline is starting to form and I'm noticing new hairs popping up here and there but its coming in really, really slowly. The transformation really is a very subtle and slow process. I'm cautiously optimistic more growth is to come.

The photos are without toppik. I use a little the times I go out without a hat, nobody seems to notice or say anything. As a previous poster capelli11 mentioned on one of his updates, it feels great to not have to use a pound of toppik to go out.

On another note, big thanx to everyone on this board. I'm not too sure I'd be able to go through this whole process without the support and knowledge of all of you, and of course, the biggest thanx to the great Dr. Feller and Spex!:) Love, peace, and hairgrease!

photo.jpg.ae0976e2f35eaf87e066211a1acf0e92.jpg

5b32d3ad578cd_photo(3).jpg.cbeab348269854e285e5c7d796c9766c.jpg

5b32d3ad6921c_photo(5).jpg.1fff77a4690dbb7347ec9fdd1dfd62cc.jpg

5b32d3ad8c484_photo(4).jpg.ad4ee412289ac1e736408c276cf748b6.jpg

5b32d3adb43cd_photo(2).jpg.51ac6b9cfbf5a2b1ccfb2ffdb58cee84.jpg

Hi Icecreamman,

Congratulations! Looks like everything is coming along nicely. Thank you for keeping us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Icecreamman,

Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. I'm thrilled ot hear that things are going will for you and I'm sure you've got plenty more growth to come. This is only the beginning.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

As much hair as you have I don't see why you would have ever needed a hat! You have great hair, and it will really look amazing once Dr. Fellers work grows out.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

As much hair as you have I don't see why you would have ever needed a hat! You have great hair, and it will really look amazing once Dr. Fellers work grows out.

Thanx for the kind words rc. A good amount of my frontal third was shaved down for surgery, and the pinkness stuck around for maybe 2 1/2 months or so. I really did not look good even with the native hair combed over the front, if the wind blew I'd look like a disheveled mess, lol! Things are starting to look a lot better so I've been using my hat/bandana less and less...

Your hair looks great bro (although it's from iphone). Wonder if you have better pre-op photos like the ones taken from the clinic.

Headbanger, true, The iPhone Photos don't tell the "whole story". I'll work on getting the photos from dr feller.

You are through the difficult stage now Icecreamman. :)

Keep us posted.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.