How Much Grafts Needed For Me (FUE)

I have thick hair Elsewhere..... And there is no Hairloss now... Does'nt know if there is any miniaturisation..... I'm only 22 Years old... As you can see That Hairline Just Sucks at my age... :-(

Dear Sharan9895,

Your hair looks very good to me, although the photos are a bit blurry. I doubt that any reputable HT doctor would really want to consider either FUE or FUT at your age and given the current state of your hair. It's also important to know what your family history of hair loss is, i.e., who has MPB, when it started and how far it has progressed. If there's no history at all, then you probably have little to worry about. If here is a history, I'd recommend topical treatment to start with, such as Nizoral (ketoconazole being the active ingredient with an anti-DHT effect) shampoo every other day plus 5% minoxidil. You shouldn't have any problem sourcing these in India. I hope my advice helps.

Regards,

David

Dear Sharan9895,

Your hair looks very good to me, although the photos are a bit blurry. I doubt that any reputable HT doctor would really want to consider either FUE or FUT at your age and given the current state of your hair. It's also important to know what your family history of hair loss is, i.e., who has MPB, when it started and how far it has progressed. If there's no history at all, then you probably have little to worry about. If here is a history, I'd recommend topical treatment to start with, such as Nizoral (ketoconazole being the active ingredient with an anti-DHT effect) shampoo every other day plus 5% minoxidil. You shouldn't have any problem sourcing these in India. I hope my advice helps.

Regards,

David

Scared a bit now.. My mom's side has Baldness History... My Both Uncles 52 and 45 aged (Mom's younger and Elder brother) are NW 3 Now.... They might had my hairline at the age of 28-30... Has hair trasnplantaion to do anything with Age??:confused:

Also hear that Planted Hairs are Anti-DHT.. is it True??

Scared a bit now.. My mom's side has Baldness History... My Both Uncles 52 and 45 aged (Mom's younger and Elder brother) are NW 3 Now.... They might had my hairline at the age of 28-30... Has hair trasnplantaion to do anything with Age??:confused:

Also hear that Planted Hairs are Anti-DHT.. is it True??

NW3 at their ages isn't too bad. As I said, your hair looks good. If you're really convinced that there's some thinning at the hairline, then I'd recommend topical treatments to see whether that holds your hair as it is. There are some HT surgeons who will transplant younger patients (Dr Armani in particular in the US and also Dr Rahal in Canada) but it can be a very expensive business if you start chasing hair loss at your age. It really is better to wait until your 30s when hair loss is likely to be more stabilised. But if you're still not convinced, why not contact one of the HT surgeons mentioned on this network and ask for an opinion?

And yes, the point about transplanted follicular units is that they're genetically programmed not to respond to DHT in the same way as the follicles at the front and on the top or crown.

Regards,

David

The pics are really bad, but anything less that 1000 grafts and you won't see much of a change.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dude, enjoy your life. You don't need a hair transplant. Sometimes I think people post pictures like this just so that everybody can tell them what great hair they have.

But not in my Case though:(..... I can Feel Hair Thinning at temples..... Since now i have a large amount of Donor hair it would be easy to get back a dense Hairline.. Also I can Start using MIniDoxil to Retain my Existing hair...

I Dont Care Going Bald After 35 :rolleyes:.. But now a little bit Stressed.... Doesn't feel like going out or Mingling with Friends..:(...

My Estimate is that i Would Require atleast 700-800 Grafts to reconstruct temple... That would be Around 40,000 INR Which my Dad have agreed upon...

Consider me as a young guy and pls stop comparing with men about 40 years old who is NW 5,6....

The pics are really bad, but anything less that 1000 grafts and you won't see much of a change.

Bad?? Quality/Hairline

1000 Grafts?? Are you Sure?? .. I am not Intending to Reconstruct a Juvenile Hairline.. Just Lower the Line to Certain Extent.....