Are these typical FUE scars?

MmzuPl.jpg

???

I took the picture off one of the SMP websites but it didn't state anything about the 'patient' having FUE or anything. Is this FUE scarring? Did the Doctor use a large punch? Or is this the general result?

I don't know what is more obvious, the tattooed hairline or the FUE punches. Surprised the company didn't tint the scars in as well. The patient does have his hair cut awfully short so he is not doing himself any favors covering the scars. However, he probably doesn't have the option for longer hair since his frontal third is all ink.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Yeah, it's odd they didn't ink the scars. His dark skin also makes the scars more apparent. For people with light skin, this gives you an idea of what FUE white-dot scarring could look like if you kept your hair very short and didn't always use high SPF sunblock on your donor. The darker the skin, the more obvious the scarring.

With zero guard, the fue scars can look that noticeable on dark skin. But it only takes 4-5 days growth to make the scars disappear. I would think he'd be able to shave down to a #1 or #2 so that the fue scars don't show and still benefit from smp at the hairline.

Which smp site did you get the pic from? It would be interesting to hear from this patient.

It was off the HIS website, not sure if it had contact details for this patient as it was in a montage of SMP examples...

As in any surgery there are risks of scars. FUE does have its risk of scars even in caucasians. If every patient that had FUE done, shaved their head, you would likely see some hypopigmentation. It is only more prominet because of the ethnicity and contrast with the skin color. The less contrast the less noticeable.