08/03/2011 4362 grafts Dr.Hasson

Hi everybody,

I'm an old reader of this forum but never had posted because i'm spanish and my englisg is not too good.

i have decided to post due to a i had a restoration prodecure with Dr.Hasson last year in august. At this moment i'm at 10 months postop point. I'm going to summarize my experience.

The first months postop were better than i expected, i haven't got shockloss and my appearance was not too bad. I started to work 3 weeks after surgery.

170 days after surgery the result was very good and i was very happy.There was a bad point only. Dr.Hasson removed a mole in the left hairline during the surgery and put some grafts around the stitches.At 170 days there was a big scar (bigger than the mole) and the grafts around the stitches did not grow.Other point was that the left hair line had less density than de right one but not too noticiable.

In April (8 months postop) i noticed i had less density in the recipient area than i had at 170 days.The left hairline density was very poor.

Actually, my appearance is very similar than 2 months ago. I have told my problem to Dr.Hasson and he said me that hair loss could be due to a talogen effluvium and they expect the hair will grow in 3-4 months.

Now i'm really worried and anxious because is too hard see you worse now than 5 months ago.

I attach a comparation picture of my status before surgery,at 75 days, at 170 days and actually.

I would like to know your opinions and comments.

Thanks a lot and excuse my poor english.

bc00_aebc.jpg.e9e368caab46097bbdc8a4bcb088bfd5.jpg

From the pics, it does not look worse, but pics can be deceiving. I would wait the 12 months and see what the doctor says. You seem to have very fine hair, so that is probably not helping things. I would encourage you to compare your before to now and ask yourself if you are happy. From your pics, if there is a difference, it is minor. However you know your hairline better than anyone, so if you say it is a poor yield, I am sure the doctor will work with you if that is so. It is just hard to tell from pics. Good luck!

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Still looks a lot better to me.

What expectations did you have that are not being me?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

Obviuosly my hair now is better than before de the surgery. The problem is that it was better 170 after surgery than actually (10 months). In the last months the hair loss has been obvious.

And you haven't seen the left hairline yet. There are problems to upload more pics now,i'll try later.

The problem is that it was better 170 after surgery than actually (10 months). In the last months the hair loss has been obvious.

Galatino...

Are you on meds like Propecia?

Have you been on meds regularly (like 5-7 days a week)

since shortly after the surgery?

If you are on meds like propecia...what dosage?

Also can you share your approximate age?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Galatino,

It was good to see you in Madrid a few months ago. If you recall, we have told you that the spot around the mole that we removed can easily be filled in. It will take a few grafts and we're happy to do this for you and our position on this has never changed. We'll also fill in the small area around the mole that has lower density. The density in the left temple is lower because of the mole removal. Once the mole was removed we had to place at a lower density due to potential blood supply issues.

However, several months before your procedure we asked you to have the mole removed and biopsied to make sure it was not dangerous. You told us you went to a dermatologist to have this done but it was not removed which is unusual because usually a biopsy would require complete removal of the mole. The point of having it removed was so that we could fill the area during your first surgery so that by the time you had your procedure it would have healed. Regardless, we are happy to fill the spot at no charge, again, as we have told you from the beginning.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I, too, feel from these pictures that you have made steady progress through each time interval. I guess I'm just not seeing what you're seeing that makes you think the 170 day picture is better than the newest one.

Regardless, we are happy to fill the spot at no charge, again, as we have told you from the beginning.
Hey Joe,

I'm just curious, in a case like this where H&W offers minor touch up work after a procedure, is it done via FUE?

Hey Joe,

I'm just curious, in a case like this where H&W offers minor touch up work after a procedure, is it done via FUE?

Hey Gandolf,

It really depends on the type of touch up and the patient's characteristics. In this case, maybe, because we're talking about so few grafts.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hey Gandolf,

It really depends on the type of touch up and the patient's characteristics. In this case, maybe, because we're talking about so few grafts.

Joe, has Dr. Hasson's and Dr Wong's views on FUE changed, I know Dr Wong said he was going to start using it on certain cases, although Dr Hasson said he doesn't foresee it becoming a major part of his practice. Just curious to know if they have been doing some FUE cases.

Dear Joe,

I'm not worried about the spot around the mole.As you said,it's possible that some grafts didnt grow around it because of blood supply issues. I'm worried abour the density of the left hairline zone and the hair loss in other zones (hope hair loss was due to effluvium as you told me).

I appreciate all the interest and solutions that you and Dr.Hasson have offered to me.