New Scar Picture Re-post Dr. Rahal

Hello everyone,

I think the problem is solved. Here are the pictures of my scar just moments before Dr. Rahal excised the donor strip for my second sugery last week(May 29th, 2012). It is hard to believe that just 11 months ago, Dr. Rahal excised a strip that yielded 5604 grafts and healed with this incredible scar.

0.jpg.fd99129e359d7109fd352ce051c05adc.jpg

Hello everyone,

I think the problem is solved. Here are the pictures of my scar just moments before Dr. Rahal excised the donor strip for my second sugery last week(May 29th, 2012). It is hard to believe that just 11 months ago, Dr. Rahal excised a strip that yielded 5604 grafts and healed with this incredible scar.

That is incredible mate! I also had my surgery performed by Dr. Rahal about 5 months ago and I'd love to see what my scar looks like shaved down. I struggle to find it at the moment! :D He is a true master of this HT caper!

What scar? That looks incredible. I thought it was someone's pre-op shot before any surgical intervention! Any close up shots? Incredible...

That is incredible mate! I also had my surgery performed by Dr. Rahal about 5 months ago and I'd love to see what my scar looks like shaved down. I struggle to find it at the moment! :D He is a true master of this HT caper!

I could not have said it better!

Regards

What scar? That looks incredible. I thought it was someone's pre-op shot before any surgical intervention! Any close up shots? Incredible...

When I saw the picture for the first time, I was in awe. Incredible work!

Sorry this is the only picture I have but I think it is a pretty close-up shot.

Kind regards

HGN - Was 2970 the max you could get for your second procedure? I would love to see some post op pics!!

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

HGN - Was 2970 the max you could get for your second procedure? I would love to see some post op pics!!

Good Luck

Hello Cant decide,

Yes, this was the maximum Doc Rahal could get for this particular procedure. It was my second procedure in just under one year.

I will post some post op pics once I return home next week.

Regards

Thanks. Did Dr. R say that if you waited longer, the scalp laxity would have been better and thus gotten more grafts? Ideally, how many would Dr. R have liked to have harvested for the second operation? Sorry about all the questions but I plan on returning for a second op next year on the crown and am very interested in your case. What was the strategy in planting the crown (Outside letrals, center, density distribution, etc?

Thanks!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks. Did Dr. R say that if you waited longer, the scalp laxity would have been better and thus gotten more grafts? Ideally, how many would Dr. R have liked to have harvested for the second operation? Sorry about all the questions but I plan on returning for a second op next year on the crown and am very interested in your case. What was the strategy in planting the crown (Outside letrals, center, density distribution, etc?

Thanks!

Hey Cant decide,

Right from the start, Doc Rahal told me that I would need about 3000 grafts to finish the crown area after the first HT. There was never any conversation about if I would wait longer I could get more grafts for this surgery. He just always seemed confident that that is the number he'd be able to get. I got good coverage, no massive density or anything like that but the whole thing will blend in nicely with the first round. I have no worries.

Just feel free to ask any question you like. I will always do my best to answer them the best I can.

Kind regards

Well, you are 44. I think what Can't decide is asking is, while this plan looks good, what is the distribution strategy to ensure that as the hair-loss progresses, that this surgery will not set you up for no grafts available on the laterals (side of the head) if hair disappears from there as it likely will? What is the master plan with Dr. R? What is the plan for the years down the road? You have travelled a long road for what will be a 2 year period, but any planning (especially in an NW6) needs a long-term outlook, and therefore things like density/distribution come into play....

Well, you are 44. I think what Can't decide is asking is, while this plan looks good, what is the distribution strategy to ensure that as the hair-loss progresses, that this surgery will not set you up for no grafts available on the laterals (side of the head) if hair disappears from there as it likely will? What is the master plan with Dr. R? What is the plan for the years down the road? You have travelled a long road for what will be a 2 year period, but any planning (especially in an NW6) needs a long-term outlook, and therefore things like density/distribution come into play....

What else is there left to do after the crown? Even if he needs more work which I doubt, FUE could obtain 2,000 grafts quite easily given he has good density.

Hello Davis91,

Actually, I am 45. I have come a long way in my hair restoration journey and I am quite happy how everything is and will be. Basicaly, what ever happens now, happens. But I am not worried. I have lost basically most of my hair and I've managed to get get a lot back ( at least the look of it back). It's all good. I invite you to take a good look at my before pictures. I'm pretty bald. Now, I have good coverage on the front and some respectable coverage on the back. At this point, I am not really worried about my latteral humps ( which, just to note, were already pretty much gone to begin with). Do I have some hairs in reserves? The answer is yes. Do I have tons and tons? Probably not at this point but I know I have more than enough to address any future recession. Will my hair ever be like it was when I was 21? Nope. But it looks a lot better than when I was 43. So to some it up, I am very happy. And I don't think any hair transplant patient can really ask for anything more than that I figure.

Kind regards

That is an impressive scar but have you got any closer more detailed pics?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Impressive, I think strip by a top surgeon is the new scarless procedure :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks for the close-up shot Matt. Absolutely amazing, I can only really see some of the scar, can't even make out the length of it. I'm thinking the color of the patient's hair and his scalp being similar(as oppose to someone with white scalp but black hair like myself) make it hard to see. Regardless, that is amazing work.