Is this how hair loss starts? pic included

tomtom87

I am 25 and my dad is bald, i think i may be going too.

I have thik hair all over BUT the front is receeding and is getting thinner, i have a fringe so i have never noticed it until now.

The pic is to the left as my profile image.

What would you all suggest i do before it gets too serious? i want to sort this before i lose it all.

EDIT:

When i run my fingers through my hair i lose 1 or 2 strands on the front only.

Your hairline is becoming mature which is normal to begin noticing at your age. This doesn't necessarily mean you will continue losing more hair but you can take some preventative medication to help keep as much as possible. Rogaine foam and propecia are the most effective meds in the market but consult with a recommended doctor from this forum to see if you are a good candidate for them and what else you can expect in the future. It is normal to see a few hairs falling out when you brush your hair this doesn't mean those hairs are permanently ton, but rather just broken hairs which happens all the time.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

While David is correct about the mature hairline, keep an eye on it. It's not a very good picture to telling you if you are receeding or not, so I'm not going to offer an opinion just to be fair to you :). Some people get a more pronounced V shape than others. If you wouldn't mind uploading one or two larger pics with your hair pulled back then you might get more opinions. That being said, if you find that you are receeding, you are a prime candidate for Finasteride and Minoxidil drug therapy!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

While David is correct about the mature hairline, keep an eye on it. It's not a very good picture to telling you if you are receeding or not, so I'm not going to offer an opinion just to be fair to you :). Some people get a more pronounced V shape than others. If you wouldn't mind uploading one or two larger pics with your hair pulled back then you might get more opinions. That being said, if you find that you are receeding, you are a prime candidate for Finasteride and Minoxidil drug therapy!

Thanks for the replies, here is an image of me with my hair to one side.

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2201307921/ME.jpg

Thanks for the replies, here is an image of me with my hair to one side.

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2201307921/ME.jpg

I have a different hairloss pattern to my Dad so you could be lucky. Best to have a think about your Mother's Dad, and if she has any brothers then how is their hair looking...

You could go see a HT doctor and they can examine your scalp to see if hairs are miniturising.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I am 25 and my dad is bald, i think i may be going too.

I have thik hair all over BUT the front is receeding and is getting thinner, i have a fringe so i have never noticed it until now.

The pic is to the left as my profile image.

What would you all suggest i do before it gets too serious? i want to sort this before i lose it all.

EDIT:

When i run my fingers through my hair i lose 1 or 2 strands on the front only.

Hey Mate;

This is a classic start to MPB, but it does not necessarily mean you have MPB. Some recession in the temple area occurs in most men as maturation of the hairline. However you also mention you notice some thinning as well and this indicator does make a professional evaluation important for you. It is important to get out ahead of MPB and not wait. At this stage medication maybe your best option or a combination of HT and medication. Bottom line Mate, see a medical professional like those recommended here on HTN. I work for a great hair transplant surgeon and that is why I am on this forum. No matter where you go act now and don't wait. All the Best, Michael.

Michael James is a patient advocate for HT, and not a physician. Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum.

Edited by michaeljames
typos

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hey Mate;

This is a classic start to MPB, but it does not necessarily mean you have MPB. Some recession in the temple area occurs in most men as maturation of the hairline. However you all mention you notice some thinning as well and this indicator does make a professional evaluation important for you. It is important to get out ahead of MPB and not wait. At this stage medication maybe your best option or a combination of HT and medication. Bottom line Mate, see a medical professional like those recommended here on HTN. I work for a great hair transplant surgeon and that is why I am on this forum. No matter where you go act now and don't wait. All the Best, Michael.

Michael James is a patient advocate for HT, and not a physician. Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum.

A couple days later, hair is not really falling out. i have to run my fingers through a few times to lose 1 hair lol, however they are fine small hairs.

Is it possible that the thing i experienced was a shedding cycle? it lasted slowly for about 2 months. However my hairline is about a cm shorted from like a year ago or so.

I might have just freaked out i dunno.

However because i freaked out i ordred that propecia to be on the same side.. The reason i freak out is because i have no self confidence at all, and losing hair well, would really suck ass and totally kill my confidence.

Edited by tomtom87

First off, you have a thick beautiful head of hair! Second, you look to just have a maturing hairline. Some people end up with a deeper V shape than others. I'd be proud to have your hair!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 9 years later...

UPDATE: 10 YEARS LATER.

Bumping to help others out there with deep hairlines.

10 Years ago at aged 25, I thought I was going bald (pic from 10 years ago is my profile picture). 

Now, 10 years later at age of 35 pictures attached below.

Propecia was taken for a year when i was age 25 because i was paranoid, I wish I never touched it.

Hope this helps people. I'm still waiting for it to get me, it will get me one day.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 21.54.52.png

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 21.55.15.png