6 1/2 months post op worried about the growth

The best estimate I've heard, but I'm sort of a statistics based person, is from Dr. Cooley:

-At 6 months,

25% of patients will have attained 75% of their growth,

50% of patients will have attained 50% of their growth,

25% of patients will have attained 25% of their growth.

So, the hard part is knowing which percentile you're in. Personally, I've learned that I'm in probably the 25%/25% group, because I started noticing my growth around month 7 and it's really improved lately, at month 9.

The middle group is typical, so odds are at month 6 you've only experienced 50% or so of the growth you'll get. After you get 100% growth, expect the hairs to start fattening up starting around months 10 - 12 and look even fuller.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

This is sort of a loaded question. As far as recieving a percentage of your density by a certain time, the problem is that the hairs are not grown out to full length.

Your density comes from thick packing, and by hair length.

This is why modern work is so good for guys with very thin individual hairs. They cannot achieve density with growing the hair long so they need thick packing.

Its another reason that hair styling really matters for certain people.

By combing the hair straight back or even getting a perm, you get more density by growing the hairs out to max length.

hardcore long-term veteran of hack plug doctors to ultra refined coalition doctors.

knowledgeable about show business hair transplants

A Message from Sudhu

Hi Bill,

The male pattern baldness at the back existed before the surgery, I am on propecia and rogaine for the last two years, so that's why I was able retain some hairs.

After discussing with Dr feller, we decided to transplant 3000+ grafts in frontal head i:e below the red mark in the before photo. Can you please take a look and let me know how is the growth.

Sudhu

sudhu,

Honestly, based on the photos you presented, it's real hard to give you any real idea of your progress. I posted on your blog my opinion based on the photos available to us.

Can you post more detailed before and 6 month photos showing multiple angles with the same hairstyle? Surgical photos will also help us.

6.5 months is still early in your journey. It takes time for all your hair to grow and thicken.

I also encourage you to share your concerns with Dr. Feller and let him evaluate you in person so he can gauge your progress to date.

Best wishes,

Bill