minimum number of GRAFT?

Hi Bobby.

You will need more than a 2000 dollars budget to get a transplant by a good surgeon.

It is probably best that you have an online consultation with a number of doctors and see what their diagnosis is.

It would be even more beneficial if you went and had a couple of consultations face to face with recommended doctors as they can assess your current level of hairloss, progression of your hair loss and if you are a candidate for a transplant by looking closer at your scalp.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Your first step wold be to have a few in person consultations by some reputable surgeons and let them know your expectations on what your surgical goals are and see what it is going to cost to meet your expectations. If you can't afford their cost then save your money. If you go the cheap route you are most likely going to end up with a poor result and it will end up costing you more in the long run to have corrective surgery. This is one procedure that cost should not be your number one priorority.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

Your hairline still looks pretty strong so for me it is not a question of how many grafts but which meds!

If I were you I would try Regaine Foam, Nizoral Shampoo and Propecia (if you are comfortable with the very small risk of side effects).

See how you feel after 12 months. You can also save more money for the transplant!

I sometimes envy people who have lost experienced a lot of hairloss. It makes the decision of whether to have a HT or not a bit more clear cut, unlike cases where you are midway through and don't know how much more loss will occur!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Great advice matt, and I agree. Possibly focus your efforts right now at stabilizing your loss. You have enough budget for that.

And I also agree to get examined by a reputable HT doctor and discuss both your medicinal options and resolve as well as begin to plan for the long-term goals.

Try to stabilize the loss in your crown since you still have some coverage there. That's where you will get the best results from finasteride and minoxidil.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...