Rahal Vs Dr Hasson - Need help with the decision -

on the decision. Thanks for all the great input on both doctors and the decision is tough to say the least--- what with competitive rates, great sales representatives and awesome case studies !!

ANd both doctors have the short date that I want while in US !

I am going to toss a coin to decide on this one ....and I dont like to make critical decisions like this !

I guess Vancouver is a better town to visit, but I have been there. Ottowa is not too bad, I havent been there :)

Cheers folks - not enjoying this !

S

Have a look at both Doctor's results through the forum and on their websites. As I have said before both Doctor's have a distinct style that may suit your tastes more.

Micky,

Thanks and that may well be the decisive factor. I am now going to sit and sift through images of past HTs of both doctors.

Can I request you also to sen me your thoughts on the differences when you get a chance?

Best, Sunil

Micky,

Thanks and that may well be the decisive factor. I am now going to sit and sift through images of past HTs of both doctors.

Can I request you also to sen me your thoughts on the differences when you get a chance?

Best, Sunil

No problem :)

When I was looking, I did notice that Dr. Rahal tends to be slightly more aggressive than Dr Hasson, even when all things being equal(level of loss, donor quantity etc) which made his results more appealing(to me). Dr Hasson can also do great hairlines as we have seen, but I noticed a good percentage tend to be more of a mature hairline. That's what some people are after and to some people, that is the tradeoff between good coverage and a slightly lower hairline.

Dr Rahal's hairlines(given the right candidate, donor quantity, level of loss) were more akin to a youthful hairline but he is ethical about it at the same time. He won't close off the temples completely on the side and won't go lower than a certain point. I personally was amazed by the hairlines he created. Bear in mind I'm in my 20's which is probably why I prefer a squared off, juvenile hairline.

However, all things being equal, I was more impressed with Dr. Rahal's results and consistency. I do not know if he uses less of a conservative approach or if it's the illusion of density, but I do believe he is the king of dense packing and hairline design. The key was the consistency between the results that I saw. Every Dr. hits a homerun now and again, but it's how often they hit it that is important. I did see some(very few mind you, maybe 3%, even less) results from H&W that were not impressive. I found Dr. Rahal to be more consistent.

Both can dense pack, I have seen results from Dr. Hasson that made me fall out of my chair, but to me Dr. Rahal achieved it on a more consistent basis. Coupled with the more aesthetic hairline design. It's hard to describe his style of hairline because it varies from patient to patient depending on the level of loss, area to cover, density etc. But I'd say Dr. Rahal's hairlines have the propensity to be 'straighter' while other Dr's hairlines tend to curve upwards from the middle out much more. The temples tend to be more in line with the centre of the hairline and not in the mature "M" shape.

My post may be controversial but it is merely my opinion. Both are two of the best hair transplant surgeons in the whole world. Your tastes might vary to mine and you might actually prefer Dr. Hasson's style more. Take a look at ALL their results here and on their websites, that will be your best method. Load up say 10 threads at a time(5 from each Doctor) and look through them without looking at which Doctor is responsible for the result. That will remove any preconceived bias you may have. So you look at the picture first, make a conclusion and then see if it was a Dr. Rahal or Dr. Hasson result.

Your post is not conteversial. Understandable the best way to truly compare without meeting patients is high definition video vs high definition video. Hi def video not only shows an honest view but in many cases make the patient look worse than in real person. Many doctor dont like using high def because it takes away from the result.

I have met 100's of patients and taking to many privately online. I have also met great doctors that have shown up to H&W not only to see how they do it but in many cases get a hair transplant themselves. Dr. Hasson is always concerned about the future of the patient so in some cases he rather not do the transplant than give them an unnatural or too low hairline.

At the end the decision is your and as I stated you cant go wrong with either. People opinions are just that unless they have gone to one or both doctors. If I was you I would compare videos and quality of video this gives you a true idea and realistic idea of results.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Micky, Lorenzo,

Thanks for pointing out the critical difference between the two doctors regarding hairline design, youthful vs mature hairlines, etc...

I am not much of a detail person, but I did get the videos and gave the hairlines, densities, hair direction, overall apperance, etc, a microscopic

look. Should have done it earlier but sort of glossed over this due to

paucity of time !

I believe the points in your mail are all valid and important. One does need to

consider before making a decision.

Cheers, I owe you one guys !

Will post pics once I have the surgery done.

Best/Sunil