Six Months After (Photos)

[My surgeon was not anyone mentioned previously on this board]

Hello, I had 1,000 FUE grafts in the temple and frontal hairline areas. It seems like what's going to grow in has already done so, and I don't see any more miniature, fine hairs growing in that might thicken up later on. I definitely need more density, as is clear from the photos.

I am also unsure whether or not this is really 1,000 grafts, because it doesn't look like it could possibly be 1,000 separate grafts. I thought after the surgery that it look similar to this - too few grafts were placed, that I could see anyway.

I was/am a Norwood 2. I'm 37, and my hair has been stable since my early 20s. I want a Norwood 1 hairline with temple closure. Since I'm at the six month mark, I need to decide if it's time to seek consultations, or if I need more time to see if more hair grows in.

Please let me know your thoughts based on your knowledge. I would really appreciate it.

Left.JPG.93c1e1443e4683de3533c4aadcdb235f.JPG

Right.JPG.47c3e7cc3573e8116d0414c8802c911c.JPG

Front.JPG.3adf0a503abefdf060925c4b3f88b399.JPG

Edited by JacobD

JacobD, If you are willing to hear an opinion or advice then you have to post as well your pre-op photos so we can judge better. Right now we have no clue at all. Who was your surgeon anyways?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Sorry, my old hard drive with the photos cannot be accessed. I need to get the photos from my surgeon I guess. I thought it would be obvious where the grafts were in relation to the native hair. I'm hesitant to name the surgeon just yet until after I consult with him again, because I know it doesn't look to good, but I don't want to come off like I'm bad-mouthing him. I just wanted perspective on what this result looks like for six months out.

Man, I feel pretty confident that this doc is not recommended here. That looks like mini grafts you have there, aka, plugs by today's standards. Not good man. Sorry.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Man, I feel pretty confident that this doc is not recommended here. That looks like mini grafts you have there, aka, plugs by today's standards. Not good man. Sorry.

Yes, the doctor is not mentioned on this board. And they were single follicular units, but the two or three hair ones were placed in front along with single hairs. Now this has to be camouflaged by placing more single hair grafts and generally increasing the density. And, yes, I will going to a different surgeon for this purpose. Now I have to perform better due diligence. Thankfully I have mild hair loss and plenty of donor hair...

I can see some quite conspicuous grafts at the front but it's hard (without pre-op pics) to know exactly how much of the hairline is grafts and how much is native hair. As you're at 6 months I feel it's too early to say for sure than things won't change for the better in the months to come.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Why are people sitting on the fence?! Yes pre op pics would help but it's quite obvious it's not good work.

Jacob sorry to be blunt but as Spanker says it looks pluggy which by todays standards is completely unacceptable. The good news is that you've had a relatively small procedure, you have a ton of native hair to camoflage it with and you've found this forum so you can find a world class doc that will put it right........ keep researching.