Nu/Hart Hair Clinics

valle

I know someone who was involved in a class-action lawsuit against them.

I would avoid them, also avoid any big franchise operation like them (in my opinion) like MHR, Bosley, PAI, HRG etc. You will get more attention and (in my opinion) better results if you pick a top doc (and probably pay less, too!)

The number of top docs is very small and it takes a little bit of reading and research. Treat this like a HEART transplant, don't just go to the local clinic down at the mini-mall, find someone who gets results that really impress the heck out of you, and then go wherever they are located. The best scenario is to see the doctor's patients in person, first, as many as possible, before making any decisions. Look at them closely, really examine them from all angles (and not just the guys who work in the doctors office. Of course they look good, that's why they got hired). Pics can be deceptive.

You may need to travel to see a top doc, since the number of great doctors who get consistently great results is small. So it's unlikely that one will be located in your town (unless you are lucky). It would be well worth it to travel if necessary, remember that you will be living with the results on top of your head for the rest of your life. Find a top doctor, or don't do it at all.

And no, NuHart is not considered one of the 'top clinics'. Be careful, a rookie can't tell the difference between a good clinic, a bad clinic and a great clinic. Don't get any surgery unless you know the score first.

Hang around for a while, read up, ask questions, etc. Take your time making a decision!

• 1 month later...

I recently ordered the NUHART video to compare and I like to watch the other clinics presentations. What a joke, the quality is poor, the results are poor, the whole thing looked like it had a production budget of $50!!

One of the sales guys had a comb over that beat the band, oh yea he was a client also!! The president had sort of a Donald Trump meets the Sopranos hair do with a forehead so high he could use several thousand grafts.

They did have a couple of celebrities, Grizzly Adams, who I like but was not that impressive and the drummer for the Doobie Brothers who, in traditional Rock Star fashion never took off his sun glasses, even during the procedure!!!

Good luck!!!!

Take Arfy's post to heart on this one. The only thing I would like to add is that consider e-mailing your pics and background to the docs you have researched that are out of your area before you jump on a plane or drive cross-country. You will be amazed by some of the results. It will provide you a preliminary impression of that clinic "and" doctor. Be patient, because good HT surgeons spend alot of time in the OR and it may take a little while to hear back. Then after you get their initial responses back, not a consultant or sales person, but the doctor himself, consider who you think has your best interest at heart, in both results and patient care. If anything, it will probably help you to narrow your search before you get on an airplane. Best wishes in your search.

Tman,

I saw that drummer of the Doobies on an informercial before and I could have sworn it was for Bosley. Maybe he is in both endorsements! icon_rolleyes.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have no problem with the idea of talking to a rep before a physician.

If I'm a surgeon, I would really like to DISS qualify a person if an ht is not a good idea.

a good rep will do that, and save the physician plenty of time.

I know most of the top docs say you must have your initial consultation with the surgeon, I just dissagree wtih that phylosophy

in the other hand, if the rep is a salesperson who's job is to talk a person into surgery, that I of course think is irresponsible

PC,

I agree with you that meeting with a consultant first is okay for the purpose of answering "general" questions the patient has. But it is absolutely imperative that every patient have their medical history cleared by the doctor and also have their donor areas examined and calculated for density, discussion of life-long goal planning, use of medications and scripting of such, etc, etc. Of course there are times an out-of-area patient may have to do a virtual consultation, but still an exam "prior" to surgery is critical. There are some areas of evaluation that only the licensed physician can discuss with the patient as reps cannot practice medicine.

So I agree, there's certainly nothing wrong with talking to a rep first, but from a legal standpoint, a rep cannot disqualify a patient for "any" surgical procedure, although it is common place with some clinics, especially the mills.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

well, I agree with your post

I am a salesman right now, and we actually use the word "qualify" before we go on a call

now, most of the salespeople in the office "qualify" by saying; "do you want me to stop by".

I on the other hand, would rather not "stop by", I would rather give the person a the cons along with the pros before I "stop by", and I therefore find out if they are still a candidate, so when I "qualify", the more accruate term is I'm "dissqulifying"

semantics

of course, before any patient leaves an office, if he's still interested, the surgion should have a look if the candidate wants him to.

this is the proceedure I would have in place if I were an ht surgion