Dr Bisanga 1301 fue to hairline

aj29

agenteye, thanks for the reply.

I'm actually "on-call" to possibly do a surgery with Dr. Rahal this December for 2,500 grafts. I keep flip-flopping between FUE or FUT. Dr. Rahal has some impressive FUE work, but he's also has had some recent less-than-stellar results that are well documented on this forum. The motorized tool makes me wonder, especially when he's doing these high graft counts. I know that no surgeon will bat .1000, so it's not a knock against him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely understand your concerns Cargo.....and if I were going to go the FUE route, I'd much prefer a manual punch! With that said, FUT in my opinion, is still the gold standard for excellent results in a hair restoration procedure. For me, it was certainly the best option! Most people who go to a reputable surgeon, will have a near invisible scar.....and can still wear their hair very short!! I am perfectly satisfied with my decision to have gone this route! Keep me posted, and let me know whether you flip to FUE or flop to FUT!! :-)

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks a lot for posting this. My hairloss is almost identical to yours and that's exactly the type of hairline design i would like to get if I end up going with a transplant. If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you got the transplant? I'm about to turn 27 and thinking of waiting until I'm at least 30, partly because I hope that better treatments come along and partly because I want to see where I am in 3 years as far as hairloss pattern.

I have been researching transplant surgeons for around 5 years now and Rahal was my number 1 choice, but I've seen some really good hairline designs from Bisanga, plus he seems to be more conservative as evidenced of what he achieved with just 1,300 grafts in your case. I'm not looking for a perfect or straight hairline, I actually prefer the V shape hairline, but I would like to close up the temple points a little bit.

Welcome to the forums Naltima! Whichever one of those two physicians you decide to choose for your restoration, you will be in excellent hands! I think you are making a very wise decision to put off a transplant for a couple years....and agree with you when you say there will be more advancements in the industry by that time. Even waiting just 3 years will sometimes give you the extra time you need to monitor changes in your hair and determine if there is any progression in your loss! Are you on any meds/treatment regimens currently? Have you noticed any major changes in your hair characteristics the past few years, or has your hair looked the same for a while now?

Cheers!

Mike

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks for the reply agenteye.

I've noticed my hair receding probably when I was 16 and ended up getting on Propecia at 22, so about 5 years ago. For the most part I think it has halted the recession, it has gotten a little worse over the past 5 years, but it's not too bad at all. To be honest I have a lot to be thankful for right now because my crown and mid section is really strong which i'm sure is thanks to the drugs. I think that I'm heading for a Jude Law type of hairline, which can be easily fixed with an HT eventually.

The only other change to my hair has been a lot of grey hair, you can't really see it in the pictures but I have a lot of grey for my age.

I don't mean to sabotage this thread but I will attach my pics just for reference.

crown.jpg.9f3307b9a8e594495bae71d434363a06.jpg

hairline.jpg.e370e0c35d36b703353d81125a0ba76b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
thanks , bhr charge 5 euro per graft for the first 1000 then 3 euro per graft after that

no other charges?

I had an FUE by Feriduni which was the same (5 for 1000 the 3 after) but with an extra cost of 500 euros for 'medical cost'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, looking stellar! It must be weird to simply style your hair a little (or even none) and then simply go out on the town, with no worries about concealer, or fears about troublesome gusts of wind or sudden rain that would ruin everything. Sort of like when I got LASIK after years of dealing with contacts and glasses.

Hi guys

Quick update

I'm almost at the one year mark, I'm going to see the doc again in may for a consultation to discuss my result and potential second procedure.

I've grown my hair quite long now and style it in a fifties style quiff, I've had loads of compliments about my hair just lately and I'm pretty thrilled I went ahead with it.

As I've said before dr Bisanga is top notch and his team provide a top quality customer service.

Pic of today's style attached

Regards AJ

image.jpg.c61b46fffcdd457986014c7329ae4667.jpg

It looks AMAZING buddy. Congrats on the new hair and the new you!!

Looks and sounds good to me, particularly as I'm booked in with Dr. Bisanga for a 2,000 FUE session in August, albeit for a very different hairloss pattern to your own.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Really impressed with the extraction pattern pattern too. A close grade 1 shave down would not show much evidence of surgery at all, if any.

Looking amazing!

But as far as a second procedure..? I don't know what exactly you want to accomplish with a second procedure when your hair is basically identical to that of the most prominent source of female sexual fantasy in recent memory...

In case you're confused about the reference, let me illustrate:

image_zps0aadad7a.jpg

Is basically:

HRN-AJ-twilight-saga-edward-1_zps6ec3f453.jpg

I think you're good, dude. Go buy a sports car :)

Well done AJ29.

Looks excellent.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Othersyde ... I love that pic comparison I almost fell over laughing.

I thought you were gonna say elvis :)

When I say a second procedure I mean a tweek really.

You see my hairline isn't actually as straight as that photo suggests

I'm involved in the hair industry so I'm pretty good at getting my style looking great.

Even when I had recessed temples I used to cover it quite well

I could have gone more aggressive with my ht but the doc wanted to

Take a precautionary route and to be honest I'm glad he did because I've got a great result from so few grafts. In hindsight though I could have gone straighter and lower because I've responded well and the grafts yeilded nicely .although if things hasn't gone so well the lower hairline would have given me problems to make cosmetically acceptable.

So in my long winded way of saying it I'm happy with the way we've approached my journey

And yes I guess it is a little hair greed :)

Ps sorry for the grammar (iPhone)

• 2 months later...

Hi AJ, did you go back to BHR to meet Dr Bisanga for a review and discuss a possible HT #2?

Personally I think you'd be mad to do one so soon, as you've had a resounding success, but each to their own! :)

I'd be interested to see what Dr B thinks, as I've seen plenty of patients go back only for him to say that they no longer (or currently) do not need a HT and that he couldn't, in the best interests of the patient, go ahead and perform another any time soon!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Hi Jonny

I'm going back in January for around 300 grafts to perfect my hairline ,I'm not saying I'm not happy with my progress but I think there's room for improvement ,I'm really glad I had it done though and if I could have my time again I wouldn't do anything differently and would 100% use dr Bisanga, I really can't speak highly enough of him and his team.my only regret was not getting the procedure years ago, I see your going to Belgium to see dr Bisanaga in August ,I think you've made a great decision as not only is the quality of work top notch but dr b and the team are honest and place the patients needs above profit. They also have great aftercare and will look after you after the op and be on hand to put you at ease when u get the post op jitters :) good luck

Andy