Rogaine foam after transplant

Just had a procedure for 1350 grafts 2 weeks ago. I have read about using rogaine foam for transplants to speed up the process of growth. I've never used rogaine, and truth is I really don't want to use it more than a couple a months as I'm not into using rogaine twice a day. I'm kind of lazy about stuff like that. My question is would using rogaine foam for the next three months really do anything? Will it be bad news to start using rogaine foam and then discontinuing its use a couple months later? I am on propecia. I welcome the communities thoughts, Thanx!

It wouldn't be worth using rogaine for only 3 months. It's intention is to keep your native hair from shedding; it will do very little for your newly transplanted hairs as they normally grow around 3-4 months and the medication won't change that. Only start the med if you intend to commit to it.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

No point using it for a few months then stopping. You could end up going through a shedding phase then you'll stop using it.

I use it once a day, in the evening. 4 months post op.

I've seen some Dr patients who use it a few weeks post surgery then start showing very early growth & a near enough full density in the area after 3-6 months, so could be working wonders for these patients unless it's just something in the water at Dr Rahal's clinic :)

It's worth using it to delay the inevitable

Yea like the others have said, don't start if you are just gonna stop..rogaine foam is very easy though...if you tried it for a few months you would probably go ahead and stick with it anyway...its just that easy!!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

The only thing it will help with for 3 months is blood flow to your new grafts, in theory if you've had a good surgeon do your ht then i'm sure it will be fine without rogaine but you never know the blood flow in them early days could be decider that makes your grafts grow to their full thickness!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk