Redness of the Suture Line

Hello everyone, Happy Easter and Passover. I am just wondering how long some of the members of this community, had a RED suture line/edge approximation? My first FUT left me with a red line for over a year until I had my second FUT this past February. I know that I have a tendency to have redness because of this, but I would imagine this is not uncommon. Anyone have a "Redness" experience to share? My current surgeon is pretty sure my redness will be gone sooner this time around, and I am inclined to trust him, but i still want to hear how some of you have dealt with this in the past.

All the best,

-Trees

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

I take it you have fair skin? Everyone heals up differently but for those of us with fair skin the redness will last longer than normal. It is a temporary thing will fade over time. I have blonde hair and light skin and my scar took over a year to match the color of the rest of my skin.

My skin isn't so fair, I have Mediterranean blood. Darker skin, brown hair. But stagger, your's eventually changed at around the one year anniversary? That's cool man. I'm sure there are plenty of other members who can share some stories.

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

Usually the redness on the sutures is gone by half a year and could be earlier than that. If it's red after that time you may want to use vitamin e ointment which can lessen the redness.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think I am panicking unecessarily then ( worried that mine is still quite red 5 weeks post op)

Would bio oil be a good option as this has vitamin a&e ??

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

How long the redness lasts in the donor scar really does vary. Depending on how fair your skin is, it can last from 1 to 6 months. However, there are instances where it can take up to a year for all the redness to dissipate.