3 Hair Grafts in the Hairline

I went for a hairline touch up 2x and Doctor did not want to FUE very noticable 3 hair grafts in my hairline. He said there was much scarring to begin with.

I asked if we could plant a 1 in the hole and he said it would pit.

It looks terrible. I have about 7 to punch out.

Did anyone have this problem?

Anything other than 1 hair grafts in the hairline is a no no. It's should be standard knowledge for any transplant surgeon.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I went for a hairline touch up 2x and Doctor did not want to FUE very noticable 3 hair grafts in my hairline. He said there was much scarring to begin with.

I asked if we could plant a 1 in the hole and he said it would pit.

It looks terrible. I have about 7 to punch out.

Did anyone have this problem?

Hey Mate,

The hairline's natural and attractive look is what determines for many people the success of their procedure.If a physician does not satisfy you with the results. I politely suggest move on to utilize another of the find doctors in this network. Without pics of your hairline it is hard for fellow users to give suggestions; however it would be prudent to always get another professional opinion.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

• 1 month later...

Any ideas what to do this area looks like cxxp. I have to wear a hat. I have sparse 3's and 2's with some fine one's right at left forehead and down side temple area. One doc says he cant take out dissect and put in same hole as it might pit. Pitting may look better tha this. This whole area should be fine single and some doubles. It does match other side. Very concerned and frustated. please comment

P5140004.JPG.a1c6ebba07a54a5e18f55817b44c695a.JPG

P5140011.JPG.7e244428f4030d383f1d711e34bf5ac0.JPG

P5140012.JPG.082e61a009f2f2ae72ba7c5293fe54b9.JPG

P5140018.JPG.0557faefb6031733c1378581b618d2b9.JPG

P5140019.JPG.8b6fdd196a698c5065498bab9dd19764.JPG

P5140020.JPG.925a76ec58545e34dc0356115dc97f2d.JPG

P5140021.JPG.aef0fe93d2909374867eb0bf674fa15e.JPG

P5140023.JPG.dba812ea21e0615ab1c17318b24093bf.JPG

P5140024.JPG.ecc66b352de8a7097d7df85a6dc6744c.JPG

P5140027.JPG.550c3838489c38e164f5acc5b194b86e.JPG

P5140028.JPG.044f6e9132f1dfce299015148ed93894.JPG

P5140029.JPG.63db47a06d061f95885d332d6ea04261.JPG

P5140030.JPG.09d605b3c5382cbd874abd6e2ed1478c.JPG

P5140031.JPG.bb4dc335cbb1a9d3457454421940ec2f.JPG

P5140032.JPG.91d9f656e070345264f7ee400b43b730.JPG

P5140033.JPG.382bd8fe93cda69af48fdb37a0f15bed.JPG

I had the same problem.. I went to The Gallagher medical Institute in Philadelphia, Pa.. I feel your pain bro.. It is very upsetting when you have to look at those large grafts everyday in the mirror.. I am going to get the larger grafts fued or electrolysis.. Does electrolysis work on removing hairs from the hairline? I had number 3 and 4 hair grafts planted on my hairline by Dr Joseph Gallagher by The Gallagher Medical Institute in 2004 and 2007.. He is a complete hack.. I can't believe he is still in business.. I still suffer from depression almost everyday from what he did to my hair.. When I initially went in for the consultation he was on this forum.. The hair transplant network recommended him.. I went to the Shapiro Medical Institue to get the large grafts camouflaged-but they are still annoying the crap out of me every day.. I can't expess the regret and worry! It took a toll on me.. He is advertising that he does follicular unit transplantion and is STILL doing older plug hair transplants.. I definately need to get these large grafts removed.. My hairline is still very stalky even though I had my plugs camouflaged by Dr. Ron Shapiro of the Shapiro Medical Group.. My grafts are not angles right.. They go in the wrong direction from what Gallagher did to me.. He only has one helper in his office that cuts the grafts, answers the phone, talks to clients during the surgery, and this is going on during surgery.. I just don't know how you can run a hair transplant practice with one helper??! It amazes me.. I was 24 when I had my first hair transplant-I still regret it to this day.. I would'nt send my worst enemy into Dr. Joseph Gallagher's office to even talk to him.. He will lie right to your face about everything- and they don't even educate you about what your getting yourself inti with the future of hairloss.. On the next point my donor was taken at a very hi level from the back of my head that most Dosctor's don't take from.. So in the future I could loose most of my transplanted hairs... East Coast send me a private email! I would like to chat sometime in regards to your issues with Gallagher. I just have to say that I am happy with Shapiro's work..

Edited by formertrackstar

Ok... Here is are plugs By Dr. Joseph Gallager from The Gallagher Medical Institute in Philadelphia, Pa.. This was enough to really make me look unnatural! There are 3,4,5 hair grafts on the hairline.. Also there are large grafts behind the hairline.. This was done in 2004 and 2007.. How do you explain this to a paitient when then look like this after paying $7,000 for follicular unit transplantion?! This is hack work! He claims that he was the best around?? This is complete shit work.. I went back to him "DR Gallagher and said want did you do to my head.. He said I wasn't done my treatment! He just put outdated plugs on my head.. WTF

5b32d2b7c1ff4_Baseball775.jpg.352b7c1ec4ea524ef19a65451e1a859a.jpg

I am going to post my hairline work done by Dr. Joseph Gallagher from the Gallagher Medical Institute as well.. Complete botched work! I would like to know how the best way to get these plugs removed- electrolysis or fue?! Doctor recommendations everybody! I had this work camouflaged about a year ago-but the large grafts are still highly visible..

5b32d2b7d3864_Baseball758.jpg.af68527fa04416ae1d74519f6fc926e8.jpg

5b32d2b7eaa81_Baseball759.jpg.86b74c67d88967221b03533a87e52a12.jpg

5b32d2b8066ee_Baseball760.jpg.6a07f9b88369da2b505869d43d9b85fc.jpg

5b32d2b88c350_Baseball771_edited.jpg.8cf42e6238a7f026c13a186dd64f8a5f.jpg

5b32d2b8a83f4_Baseball776.jpg.0e33387a43a55e168c40da00a5390562.jpg

Yikes! I would rather get a HT done by Gallager the watermelon-smashing comedian than by this Gallager after seeing your shoddy work. Your only option is to go to one of the top doctors to fix this. Go to someone like Dr. Feller, H&W, Dr. Rahal, or Feriduni and see what they recommend.

I was able to make right side totally naturally. No qualms. I fell I have no choice but to remove larger grafts full in and lower hair line and temple.

Dr. Beehner was able to use a fue tool and dig into some grafts and then turn them in the proper direction. He did do some good repair work but I really need hair line now

Thanks

EastCoast,

Your two discussion threads have been merged into one since they were very similar.

I'm a little confused. Have you stated who did your original work? Also, I see that you've had a repair job by Dr. Beehner but still some some additional hairline restoration. What was Dr. Beehner's assessment?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Eastcoast,

I notice that the hair at your temples is falling in a different direction to the rest of your hair. Is that due to how you styled it for the photos or is there a problem with the angles the grafts were placed at?

Your hair as it is doesn't look terrible. I doubt if your hair looks unnatural to people who see you so I'm sure it's unnecessary to live life under a hat. It might be the case that having some single hairs placed around those grafts would be all that's necessary to give a result that you like.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

The hair sticks straight up. Everone states one side doesnt match the other and it is much higher (receded than other side). It is very sparse and the mulitgrafts are are black while the other others are a natural shade of brown. There are about six 3's and multigrafts thru-out the 1/2 inch area needed for hairline.

Edited by EastCoast

I had 2 or 3 repair sessions where an area was standing straight up. It was about 12 grafts consisting of 4 to 7 hairs.. 5 were removed and 7 were twisted to maybe to point towards right direction. We tried to point/place some other hairs to go say level with head to maybe make the multigrafts lay more flat.. I believe this one area needs some bigger grafts removed and a dense pack session with ones and a lowered hairline.. The right side looks perfect. I will need crown in a couple years.

If the grafts are that badly misangled then your surgeon might want to remove them. It's possible that they could be re-implanted at a proper angle and further back so you don't lose them but the colour difference stops being a problem.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hairline grafts can be fue'd out or you can use electrolysis.

I had about 180-200 fue'd out of my hairline by Dr Bisanga. The reason I say 180-200 is that after the first removal some grew back, so I returned to have them taken out a second time, and he took a few more out for me aswell, so I'm unsure of the exact amount.

Right%20side%20removal_zps556b4b13.jpg

Ok... Here is are plugs By Dr. Joseph Gallager from The Gallagher Medical Institute in Philadelphia, Pa.. This was enough to really make me look unnatural! There are 3,4,5 hair grafts on the hairline.. Also there are large grafts behind the hairline.. This was done in 2004 and 2007.. How do you explain this to a paitient when then look like this after paying $7,000 for follicular unit transplantion?! This is hack work! He claims that he was the best around?? This is complete shit work.. I went back to him "DR Gallagher and said want did you do to my head.. He said I wasn't done my treatment! He just put outdated plugs on my head.. WTF

One of these days I hope a Tony Soprano ends up being the victim of a doctor like this....just for the deserved outcome. I feel so bad for you, how could someone do that knowing that the technique is wrong?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon