FUE/ FUT and best surgeons

Hello everyone,

I am new here and i am thinking of having a H/T. I am at my mid 20s and I do not face a big hair loss. After doing my research and reading many many posts here I have concluded that FUT is almost always more efficient than FUE but FUE is preferred because it does not leave a scar on the back of the head.

Do you think that I should go for FUE since I have just a light hair loss or there is also a difference in efficiency between FUE and FUT even when not many grafts are required?

In the case of FUE, I have searched and found that doctors 1)Feriduni and 2)Basinga are the bests in Europe in that order and doctors Rahal, Feller and Shapiro are the best in the US/Canada. I am an EU citizen so based on my particular case do you think that its worth travelling to the US or do you believe that the results of the above surgeons located to Belgium are equally good?

Finally, who do you think that is the best surgeon from the aesthetic point of view?

Thank you in advance!

There is a great list of surgeons on here you can browse through.

I wouldn't say there is a best surgeon but there are some surgeons who post their work more often then others and is of a consistent high level of quality.

Look through all the major forums and their websites.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

For FUE or even standrda strip I would reccomend DR Feller the guy created the tool used by many clinics and he also trained some of the top guy as well, the others are all good also think about Dr Lindsey based in washington.

Def worth the trip to the states

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

• 1 month later...

smneon23, I agree with you. There is really no need to cross the Atlantic to find a good surgeon. I think Feriduni and Bisanga are the best HT surgeons in Europe whom can perform both FUT and FUE. If I was in your place, that's how I'm going to think about it. Feriduni is recommended and actually a member of the coalition of HTN, also he is a member of IAHRS founded by the HT advocate Spencer Kobren. If anything goes wrong, you can post your results and concern so HTN or IAHRS look over it and settle your case with the doctor himself. I'm sure that Dr. Feriduni was pre screened well because I know its too hard to be accepted as a coalition doc in the network. Also to be honest, his customer relation staff were as efficient as a five star hotel staff. They were very helpful, understanding in all means from answering my complicated technical questions to solving financial problems like these two great persons Ms. Daphne and Mr. Cristian especially.

Dr. Bisanga in the other side has some issues in running away from any organization that protects the concerns of the HT patient and avoidinf direct conversation with potential clients. He is just a member of ISHRS who anyone can be a member of it even my Ex Butcher Tahsin Alwahib from Ladhair Bahrain who unfortunately was shocked that I have seen his name in the ABHRS list!!! Also Dr. Bisanga isnt that confident in Strip surgeries FUT, he was so worried to perform me a scar revision where other surgeons like Rahal SMG H&W and Feriduni welcomed it. HOWEVER unless you are willing to do FUE only, then I still believe that he is in the top 3 FUE surgeons list in the world along with Dr. Jose Lorenzo and Dr.Feller. He is extremely talented with huge stamina. Imagine all of his extractions are Manual punches. He never believes in any motorized tools like what Dr. Feller, Rahal and SMG...etc. are using. Plus he has a wider option of using beard hair as well for scars or crown sometimes. His representative Stephen is a great example.

I hope my analysis helped you choosing the right surgeon in Europe. Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]