what should nw6 do if he prefers a short haircut?

I guess I made myself clear with the title but..

I mean what should a guy do if he is nw5/6 (completely bald) and wants a buzz cut hair? I mean all of us know that hairline is essential and creates a great look even though if you cut your hair really short. Is ht is only for the guys that supports longer hairstyles or is there any way for guys with higher nw levels to achieve buzz cut look???

The buzz cut is achievable with fue there was a surgeon a few years ago that was quite good at that he called it the less is more theory and it did look decent you just get as much fue as possible placed in a way that when shaved to blade one at the sides and two on the top it looked like you didn't have thin hair or some people just had a one all over buzz that looked decent I'm not sure how effective for a nw6 it would be but I suppose with enough grafts it would work the same. There was a guy last year posting on here who was a nw6 with a fue megasesion that looked good but he had his sides to a blade 3 and longer on top which for me ruins the illusion a bit.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

azazelgs,attach some pictures if you can and that would be of great help.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I don't think you have to post pictures to answer the question except for the color situation, hair-to-skin contrast. We assume we understand what a NW6 is, and start from there.

If you were NW3 and asked the same question, the next questions would be , 1) how old? and 2) what's your hairloss medication history

But with NW6, you are pretty bald, and the key question should be color or more specifically, hair-to-skin color contrast. But even if that is unknown, we can still say a few things about this.

And it is an excellent question IMHO which people answer in different ways. First we gotta get the bad ideas out of the way, which I think are , a and b below.

a) Get a body-beard-scalp hair massive mix, say 15,000 in all.

IMHO these look bad. The body hair looks wispy and nasty, and you need to grow it as much as possible to get any volume, and longer = more wispy. I know that some terribly scared patients have recovered some self-respect this way (if at great strain on the purse strings)

b) Get whatever hair you can extract via strip, plant the hair for the illusion of volume in say the center of the front, sprinkle a little around it. Leave the crown bald. Spike up the 'island' on top.

Better idea??

c) Get a low density FUE and plant flat, for the buzz, but....

First up, without pigmentation, there is no way you will replicate the 'illusion of density' to achieve a uniform coverage throughout the balding zone, from all angles, and under various lighting conditions, let alone the very harshest, say in an elevator.

But with judicious use of the grafts, planted flat, as flat as possible to the skull, you can create a frame that can gradually fade into a sparser interior.

Now I think, possibly, pigmentation could help you bridge the difference here and I say this strictly because I suspect that the ink may augment the sparse hair, if a) the colors work, and b) if the lengths work.

Without pigmentation an FUE could also help if colored, but whether you want to wear a peroxide buzz is another question.