Any suggestions on how to deal with hypoaesthesia

I did not experience any loss of sensation after my first procedure, although I was expecting it, I guess I lucked out. After my second procedure a week and a half ago, I am experienceing some real hypoaesthesia, and I am not sure how to deal with it. Sleeping is very difficult for me, and I truly hope to regain sensation in my scalp. That is a great location for sensation, I don't know what I'll do without my monthly scalp massage at the old barber shop, just an FYI, it's a hot girl doing the shampoo and massage, not Boris the barber, lol.

In all seriousness though, this sleep issue is seriously affecting me, and I welcome any advice from you true HT veterans out there. Also, any idea of a timeframe to expect the return of sensation, my Surgeon says anywhere from 3 to 18 months, I don't know if I can handle that. Thanks guys, I really appreciate any help you have to offer.

Cheers,

-Trees

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

Losing sensation on top of your head in the first 2 weeks is very normal and much more common than having full sensitivity after 2 weeks. You will feel very numb for a few weeks, and slight numbness for a few months. Nothing to worry about it will just take time to come back and unfortunately there isn't anything you can do other than wait.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Moderators

The numbness on the top of my head has never gone away and it's been approximately 23 years since my first HT and 18 years since the last one.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

The numbness will go away eventually, but it could take months. Get yourself a prescription for Ambien in the meantime. You'll sleep like a baby.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com