5 month update 2556 grafts with Dr. Rahal

Guest justmike

Guest justmike

I just wanted to post some updated pics of my ht with Dr. Rahal, seems to be growing in nicely. I am concerned about my donor scar on the left side I had some shockloss there but there is a few spots where there is no hair growing. Been in contact with Dr. Rahal's office and showed them the pics and said Its seem that for some reason the scar healed from inside out, is this normal and should I be concerned? I know 5 months is early but I see no hair growing in at all I will apply some rogaine to see if it helps.

IMG_0049.JPG.2be5d156c08ff23093e2f636446ecfd9.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG.7f177259c9a27f6bf981449ac7571403.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG.f827ee8270ff636ed64357e6bf8b147c.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG.7204ba578ed3aa0a4cf79cf8fddef192.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG.960eb38945ede3f4b62cf4b5fce8b312.JPG

IMG_0065.jpg.40ac8b60ac6baa4e5c2189f951e3f05b.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg.89e952226315c13b22b7eb660c10f4e2.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg.9fa9d78d49ae5040a4f4946d1a06183d.jpg

IMG_0060.JPG.6abe6ed58a4bfd33af66f5f68a241ebe.JPG

IMG_0059.jpg.1de00f6eaf1d4a9937340c23f5d9aa96.jpg

IMG_0058.JPG.42a33f7c0a29c2a534c9f7a5fe11f2ab.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG.0877df34db547de464c83dfa1115d21a.JPG

IMG_0066.jpg.3a0000456b5c2e19a7f8730be8f3312f.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg.77f38dd6f2de0041e282d84ea6973dd1.jpg

Edited by justmike
add another pic

justmike,

Comparing your pre-op photos to your recent 5 month photos, it looks like things are progressing nicely. As you stated, you are still very early in the game. Only time will tell how your scar will eventually heal. Personally, I don't understand the significance of a scar healing from the inside out. Did Dr. Rahal advise you on what you can expect from your scar healing as time progresses?

Keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like the transplant is growing in nicely, can't tell whay the forelock was not transplanted into. It is the only part that appears thin.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker, I thought that as well regarding the forelock.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

For the amount of grafts you had and the fact your only at 5 months you're doing well i feel.

I have to say not getting your forelock front done is bizzare i've never see this approach before when the very front is weak is there a reason for this?

With regards to your scar there's still time for that to heal better and for trichos to break through i had tricho hairs popping through at 8 months and had a few ingrowers but at the end of the day i would of thought you'll be wanting another op one day so they'll take the scar out then. your scar is only as good as your last op.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Guest justmike

Hey thanks guys for the encouragement.

Taking the plunge, Dr. Rahal did not advise me on what I can expect, this being my 4th HT, I kind of knew what to expect but I don't remember healing like this. I have been in contact with his office just waiting for him to get back to me.

As regarding the forelock, before surgery I told him about it and he felt to do in back of it mid scalp to have the appearance of a fuller look when looking straight on. I kind of left it in his hands. It definitely needs to be filled in. There was also a concern on how many grafts he would be able to get, I have a tight scalp and having had previous ht's donor is limited.

As far as the transplanted area, it looks really good, but if it were me, I would have him work on the forelock. You'll pretty much be done then. Not sure if what is there is native hair or not. Again, the work looks good, but I would have to disagree with the approach and would have opted to a little but thinner but more symmetric approach.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yes I agree with spanker not doing the forelock when you have very limited donor is a mistake waiting to happen hopefully worse case scenario you can fue the front.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

This one is interesting because posters are esentially not agreeing with the strategy empoyed by doctor Rahal with regards to the forelock area. I often wonder about distribution patterns used and how doctors differ in their approach. In this case, as expalined to the patient, it would look "fuller" from a straight on view if the grafts were employed at mid-scalp? Matt, sorry to call on you again, but as Dr. Rahal's online rep., maybe you could join in this one and comment?

justmike has had 3 previous surgeries (elsewhere) which have limited his donor supply. This led to the strategy of leaving the forelock untouched to concentrate on the weakest or completely empty areas (totalling 69cm/2) with the grafts available in this one session.

He possibly did lose some weaker native hair due to shockloss. The forelock now is relatively strong hair from the work he'd had done previously, but this latest session has grown so well that the forelock looks weaker by contrast.

He does have enough donor hair in reserve for another procedure and could bulk-up the forelock if he chooses to.

I hope that clears things up.

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 3 months later...