GETTING IT DONE ON TUE, 11/25!!!!

Burf08

So, finally decided to schedule my HT with Dr. Wong on 11/25/08. While I was a bit apprehensive about traveling to Vancouver and wanted to stay local here in So. Cal, I decided to go with H&W in the end.

I have to say that I was REALLY impressed with Dr. Reed and if he wasn't booked till Mar, 09 (wanted to get HT done asap since I have the opportunity to stay low key for next 6-8 months and will be working from home) I would have gone with him. In fact, I spoke to Pam (his secretary) and will be going to his office to get my staples removed once I get back. REALLY NICE AND CARING GUY--I was highly impressed with Dr. Reed. If you are in CA, you owe it to yourself to go see him for a consultation. I also met with Dr. Siporin and even though he was really nice and professional, I didn't feel comfortable there for some reason.

I have been in touch with Joe at H&W and will be flying up next week for the procedure. Will start my blog and keep you updated. They are aiming for about 4000 grafts (hairline front and top) and I'll start taking Proscar (really scared about the side effects though) to see if I can maintain the crown coverage FOR NOW.

Any advice/suggestions before I fly out to get this process started? Wish me luck guys--really nervous about this procedure.

Dr Wong is one my favorite surgeons and soon Im sure hell be yours as well .

I also like Dr Reed but Wong imo is a better choice .

Dr Siporin makes me feel uncomfortable also.

It normal to get nervous but I promise you things will be much easier then probably imagining.

Dont worry after the valium youll be good to go icon_smile.gif

Burf08,

Congratulations on the decision with the HT procedure. I just had a 4516 graft procedure with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte, NC on 11/14/08. It was a great experience and they are world class in care and detail and I TOO was nervous the days before the procedure which is normal. But, once you get in the office which will be at about 7am on Tuesday it will all go away once they give you the meds. Truely I had zero pain. I have had more pain going to the dentist BY FAR.

Things you will get to do that AM..

*Choose 5 to 7 movies

*Choose your lunch

*Choose your dinner

*And relax and enjoy you don't have to do a thing.

We will look for your pictures in the near future.

Burf,

Cool beans! I didn't know you were an HTN reader. Good on ya for that!

I just wanted to clarify something that PGP said with regards to Valium. We do not give valium to our patients nor any other calming medications as standard practice and we actually encourage you to not use it but if you really feel you need it we can provide it for you. I think you'll be fine though.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Burf,

Selecting a surgeon is hard work and takes research. But it's obvious you did your homework since you were considering a number of excellent surgeons.

I have full faith in Dr. Wong's abilities and know you will be in terrific hands.

I hope you'll share your journey and photos with us after the deed is done icon_smile.gif

All the best,

Bill

Burf,

Check your inbox please.

PGP,

Yes, the reason is because most patients simply do not need it and very rarely do patients actually ask for it and we'd rather keep the patient as coherent as possible anyway. This helps to also keep the patient still as they are more likely to move their head around while slightly medicated than not. We don't want a patient's head moving around too much during a procedure like thisicon_smile.gif

We do of course apply local anesthetic and that's about it. The procedure really is pretty smooth and we rarely have patients say otherwise.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

mochi,

I too would like to know why Please Grow Please is uncomfortable with Dr. Siporin.

he has a number of satisfied patients and a number of positive reviews on this site. In my opinion, he is doing high quality ultra refined work. As we see more of his work, I expect it will be time to consider him for the Coalition.

Best wishes,

Bill

Burf: Good luck!! The only thing I can recommend is that if you haven't been to Vancouver before its a beautiful city. You may want to stay a few extra day and check it out. Vancouver has the best sushi outside of Japan, the most beautiful stuck up girls in Canada, if you think they are fake they are....lol.......

Regardless you are in good hand Dr. Wong is a true professial and gentlemen.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I think PGP is basing his stance primarily off Siporin's involvementin the LLLC 'debate' thread...could be wrong, tho.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks guys!!

Checked in today and met Joe and Dr. Wong this afternoon. I won't bore you with details, but everyone in the office seems very friendly and nice and I'm looking fwd to getting my HT done tomorrow.

Lorenzo-I've been to this city before--love it. If I could, I would sooo move here.

Will keep you posted.

I'm writing this message as they put the grafts in. Will get around 5000. It didn't hurt AT ALL. PGP, you definitely don't need valium for this procedure.

The entire staff is really nice. Dr. Wong is awesome-he knows his stuff. Thanks joe for the support and turning on the wifi. -)

My pleasure and I'm glad you now know why we don't even offer valium as standard practice. Oh, and for the record, it's rather odd responding to you while you are in the other room having your procedureicon_smile.gif Go iPhone! icon_smile.gif

Jotronic:

Originally posted by Jotronic:

Yes, the reason is because most patients simply do not need it and very rarely do patients actually ask for it and we'd rather keep the patient as coherent as possible anyway. This helps to also keep the patient still as they are more likely to move their head around while slightly medicated than not. We don't want a patient's head moving around too much during a procedure like thisicon_smile.gif

We do of course apply local anesthetic and that's about it. The procedure really is pretty smooth and we rarely have patients say otherwise.

Valium is an anti-anxiety drug, so i find it surprising that your patients are moving in the chair. The drug is supposed to calm the patient and may make them sleepy.

Personally, during my HT with dr. Cooley, i took one valium in the morning, and it made me sleep until lunch. I took another one right after lunch and i slept thru the whole afternoon. I was only semi awake for the last hour of the procedure. Lucky that i had the valium, otherwise there is no way i would stay still for more than 1 hour in that chair.

I highly recommend HT patients to consider valium, with of course approval from his doctor.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Alright guys, 12 hours and 4980 grafts later, I'm back in the hotel.

The surgery went well-no issues whatsoever. Surprisingly, I didn't get up much and sat in the chair for 6+ hours straight. (without taking valium...lol) If anything, I felt sorry for the techs putting the grafts in--it's a long tough procedure and they made be feel very comfortable.

Will be going back tomorrow for cleaning before I fly out to CA.

One issue (which is bothering me more than the staples) is the hat that one has to wear after the procedure. The thing looks really retarded (well, atleast on me) and I am dreading the flight back home. I have 2-3 weeks off after this, so atleast I won't have to wear that big silly hat once I get back.

Here's a pic I took with my phone after the HT. Will add more later. The scars you see on the top are from a previous surgery.

http://img126.imageshack.us/my...image=img0001zl7.jpg

Congrats on your procedure Burf! The pic looks good. A lot of real estate with a lot of grafts!

Let the excitment begin. Sleep well tonight, the follow-up with Dr. Wong, the flight home with the funky hat. The flight should be a piece of cake. Good to hear it went well!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...