Advice sought for single ingrown iair

Post surgery overall healing is going okay. But at the center front of the hairline I have an ingrown hair which I can see growing beneath the skin and along. Its growing upwards on a bit of an angle - as opposed to pointing forwards, which it should be. I could view it a few weeks ago but it was tiny and I figured it would poke through. Current length is about 4mm. It does not point appear it is going to do poke through but perhaps I am being dramatic. At this stage there is no apparent infection of any kind. Despite being a vet of HT's I am not aware of having had one of these before and certainly not near the hairline. I do not live anywhere near a hair transplant surgeon so I am looking for advice about whether I wait or whether i present to my GP. Thanks in advance:confused:

I've had loads mate just stick your head under the water in a really warm bath for 15 mins and pop the spot. The warm water should help any others you have but can't see. If you're quite recently out of a transplant then don't do it too warm.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

This is not abnormal at all and IMHO you can either just leave it alone until more growth pushes that hair through the surface. If it develops a white head and gets larger, you can always as bonkers suggested pop it after getting it wet and warm. Just be sure that you do not pop it with unclean hands or finernails which can trap alot of bacteria.

Sounds like your growth is kicking in!:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Sometimes it is possible to use a small needle or forceps and gently pull the end of the hair out from just below the skin surface. Make sure that area remains very clean to avoid infection. If any drainage, redness, or tenderness occurs notify your transplant doctor right away.