When do people see the most hair growth from hair transplant surgery?

Hello everyone,

I recently had a hair transplant with Dr. True in New York. It was an amazing experience. True and Dorin were amazing and they did a fantastic job.

My scar in the back is next to nothing. Everyone who has seen has said, "That's it"? My hair dresser told me that he believes once the redness of the scar goes away, no one will even be able to see it, even if they tried. Which is very exciting, considering that was one of my biggest concerns.

I just wanted to put this thread out there and ask: What is the usual time people experience the most growth? I'm exactly 11 weeks out from surgery. I'm at that weird point of hair transplant purgatory and I am getting a little restless and want to see it start growing. I have seen a few sprouting here and there. I know that I need to be patient and wait. But, to help me through this period, I just wanted to hear from some people about when they started to see significant growth. Anything would be helpful.

Thank you

Josh....do you mind sharing how many grafts you had implanted?

The videos Dr. True has on his website explaining in detail each & every

step of the patient's journey I found quite helpful to a potential patient

like myself.

Patient Guide: Hair Transplant, Hair Replacement & Hair Restoration

For this reason I have Dr. True on my narrowed list of possible doctors.

My only concern was if Dr. True routinely did large sessions in the 4K-4500 graft range?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I would say you are fixing to see a HUGE growth spurt...I would say basically biggest growth between 3-8 months....I know thats a big gap, but thats 5 months of new growth...and then probably more new growth after that, but that is probably prime growth months..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

3-8 months sounds about right it varies from person to peron. For me, months 4 and 5 were the fastest change.....I am a little over 8 months now and still seeing changes. You chose a great surgeon in Dr. True.....I am a big fan of their work and approach to HT.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Thanks everyone. I had 2233 grafts transplanted in the front. I had my receeding hairline filled in and had my hairline brought down about an inch.

Dr. True told me that it will be ultra-dense and I can't wait!

Some of my hair started growing right away, which I hear is not very common. Most of it fell out and I saw the first signs of growth coming in around 2 months. It was very fine but new hairs were popping in at around 8 weeks.

I am just basically getting restless because I want to see significant growth! But, even now in my eleventh week I've seen new hair coming in and my a significant amount of my hairline is covered in pimples at the moment (damn they are uncomfortable).

So now I guess I just wait.....

Thanks everyone. I had 2233 grafts transplanted in the front. I had my receeding hairline filled in and had my hairline brought down about an inch.

Dr. True told me that it will be ultra-dense and I can't wait!

Some of my hair started growing right away, which I hear is not very common. Most of it fell out and I saw the first signs of growth coming in around 2 months. It was very fine but new hairs were popping in at around 8 weeks.

I am just basically getting restless because I want to see significant growth! But, even now in my eleventh week I've seen new hair coming in and my a significant amount of my hairline is covered in pimples at the moment (damn they are uncomfortable).

So now I guess I just wait.....

Im in the waiting room with you buddy! However, its better than being in the pre op room!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Very true, oh man.... the research I put into this took MONNNTHHHHSSSS!!! But, I'm very thankful I did all the research I did and went with the surgeon I chose.

It's funny, sometimes I forget I've even had my hair transplant.... and then it pops into my head that, oh yeah in about 6 months you're hair is going to look totally different. I love that.