Will 1,000 FUE be enough? (with pics)

Hey all, new to the forums here.

I'm 23 years old and have a receding hairline. There is a paternal history for this in my family, as my father and grandfather also had/have high V-shaped hairlines in their old age but no balding beyond that. I used to have very versatile hair since I would either grow it long or cut it short and put it back sometimes, but the thinning/straggly look of my hairline has really bothered me. My hair is already really curly so I can't seem to work off that just-got-out-of-bed look. Having a naturally high hairline and relatively wide forehead doesn't help my cause.

I wanted to read people's opinions regarding whether or not 1,000 FUE grafts would give me my desired outcome, which is to straighten (especially around the temples) but also lower my hairline. I still think 1,500-2,000 would be ideal, but I decided to initially get 1,000 done and see if I need more work after that.

I've attached some pics from when I came out the shower (hair still wet) and look forward to reading as to whether or not I'd need more than 1,000 for this outcome. The last two pics were taken four years ago when my hairline was thick and fully put back. It's interesting but I never had to use a comb until it became thin, in order to even out the hairs.

Thanks

[pics removed by user]

Edited by egowaffle7

Hello, welcome to the party pal. I hope you've been using propecia & minoxidil?

Do an online consultation with a few doctors using this site.

You could do with 1k grafts but not now considering your young age & not knowing whats in store for the future even if you know what your dad ended up with with the loss level.

Also bear in mind that the success percentage rate of growth with FUE is around 70% and it's 96% for FUT according to some clinics I was in touch with in the past, this may not be an accurate percentage so don't quote me on it as it may not be what everyone agrees with but bear it in mind that not all the 1k will survive, so you may want to hit just about that amount, just my opinion. But 1k is a good start & it's a sensible number considering the relatively little loss you have had so far. But you'll also have to find out if you're a good candidate for FUE first and think before you go under the knife at your age, as much as you'd want to.

Edited by Dutch

1000 is not enough to lower your hairlines and straighten the temples in my opinion.

Not do it and have really good density like you have.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

keep in mind that FUT gives you a nasty ugly cut in the back of the head..

it does?

maybe from a butcher.

i had a HT 13 years ago and my incision is virtually undetectable.

if i change hairdressers I always ask them after they cut my hair a few times.

they've all been like "no way...where?"

after really really close close examination they can usually find it.

but its anything but nasty and ugly when it heals

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hello, welcome to the party pal. I hope you've been using propecia & minoxidil?

Do an online consultation with a few doctors using this site.

You could do with 1k grafts but not now considering your young age & not knowing whats in store for the future even if you know what your dad ended up with with the loss level.

I haven't been using anything, I take my daily vitamins but that's all really.

After reading some of the feedback here I am now however set on getting an initial 1,500 grafts done before considering anything further. I wouldn't want to get 1,000 done and then go back just a few months later for another 500.

(Promotional link removed by moderator - See Terms of Service)

Edited by egowaffle7
Promotional Link