whey protein

dingdong12

what are your views on the use of whey protein and hair loss. i am a keen gym goer and protein shakes are a big part of that.

my surgeon says that the protein is not good for suffers of mpb and that it can speed up hairloss

he also says this of creatine

he pointed me towards a hair shake by shapiro

not sure if i buy into the use of protein as damaging but i can see some logic in science

hi dutch are you saying that roids dont contribute or cause hair loss???

i thought this was fairly standard school of thought

If you are genetically prone to hair loss, then yes, steroids can speed the process up...if your are not you can take all the steroids you want and never lose a hair, however, I sure wouldn't recommend taking steroids one way or the other...

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

If you are genetically prone to hair loss, then yes, steroids can speed the process up...if your are not you can take all the steroids you want and never lose a hair, however, I sure wouldn't recommend taking steroids one way or the other...

Hello, I agree. If you're prone, maybe you'd lose hair because of roids. They're by no means good for the body regardless of hairloss or not. Watched a documentary about roids recently called bigger faster stronger discussing roids & whether they're harmful or not, interesting programme, but didn't discuss hairloss on there unfortunately. But I can't see how protein would cause hairloss.

im going to keep taking my protein couldnt ive without it but i may change to whey concentrate as opposed to isolate

the problem is when these docs make these claims it is planted in your mind and no matter what evidence there is to the contrary there is always that doubt that sways you to to maybe think otherwse

• 2 months later...

Post-workout testosterone boosts are actually blunted by protein intake, as weird as it sounds according to the recent studies.

Larry Shapiro's study is based on what he calls, no growth hormone protein, with lower amino counts. He claims that the doldrums can be shortened considerably with them.

Recently joined and have not posted much but just wanted to chime in on what I read about the Whey Protein. During my reasearch I came across Larry Shapiro's website and his claims to shorten the dormance time after a transplant.

Naturally I was curious so I read more and searched several other sources of information on Whey Protein Concentrate and Isolate. The conclusions I came up with is that there is no hard evidence that Whey Protein Concentrate shortens the dormancy time after a HT. The concentration that Larry Shapiro sells is 35% and you can't find that at any retail store that sells the Whey Protein powder. This is designed so you and I can not easily challenge his study. Besides this was a really big red flag for me because he is the only physician endorsing this product. I believe if it worked other physicians as well as pharmaceutical companies would be all over it.

I also read that Whey Protien isolate aids in raising testosterone levels and we all know that is not a good thing. If your hair is not sensitive to DHT then it is not going to fall out using the Whey Protein Isolate or the roids since they also aid in raising testerone levels. If your hair is sensitive to DHT then your hair ig going to fall out weather you use this stuff or not but there is not reason to hasten the process.

Just my two cents...

Edited by Falcon45
sp

what are your views on the use of whey protein and hair loss. i am a keen gym goer and protein shakes are a big part of that.

my surgeon says that the protein is not good for suffers of mpb and that it can speed up hairloss

he also says this of creatine

he pointed me towards a hair shake by shapiro

not sure if i buy into the use of protein as damaging but i can see some logic in science

MPB is proven without question a genetic hereditary condition. Good nutrition supports the health of the body in its entirety. There is not direct causal link proven by empirical scientific research of protein shakes causing or contributing to hair loss. Hope this is helpful.

Edited by michaeljames
typo

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

your hair needs protein anyway... but I realy think steroids can cause baldness and I think it's proven.

Many steroid users find MPB accelerated. It appears that the forced elevation of testosterone also elevates DHT and thus the common MPB among steroid users. Another one of the risk / reward consideration one should take into account in the vary dangerous use of unsubscribed anabolic steroids.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

your hair needs protein anyway... but I realy think steroids can cause baldness and I think it's proven.

Many steroid users find MPB accelerated. It appears that the forced elevation of testosterone also elevates DHT and thus the common MPB among steroid users. Another one of the risk / reward consideration one should take into account in the vary dangerous use of medically unsubscribed anabolic steroids. Testicular atrophy and other serious conditions can also occur.