nizoral - useful????

dingdong12

hi guys , i see lots of you use nizoral in your regular routine

could you please tell me does this stop or slow down hair loss or is it more aimed at controlling dry skin or other related problems

wondering to use it or not, i dont suffer from dry skin or dandruff so my reason for using would be to slow hair loss, (i also take minoxidil)

thanks

Nizoral is an anti fungal shampoo...it just creates a clean environment for your scalp..there were some studies done on it back in the late 1990s and it compared very well to rogaine...it is a very big part of a lot of peoples hair loss routine...including mine...2X a week...

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

In studies, Nizoral fairs pretty well against 2% Minoxidil.

One thing I like about Nizoral is it's ability to really degrease hair and scalp, and get rid of itching. Men with MPB tend to have an increase in sebum, and men who are actively losing hair to DHT also tend to have itching from the inflammatory action.

I like it a lot, but no more than twice a week.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

okay guys so you would introduce it then to your routine i guess is what you are saying

Yes, but no more than every 3rd day. It is very good at degreasing the scalp, and it can dry it out if used too often. The Ketoconazole benefits stay on the scalp for 2-3 days, so there is no real need to use it any more often.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Yes, but no more than every 3rd day. It is very good at degreasing the scalp, and it can dry it out if used too often. The Ketoconazole benefits stay on the scalp for 2-3 days, so there is no real need to use it any more often.

RC

While I do tend to agree with every word of this...I think this only applies to Nizoral as it has some other pretty harsh chemicals for your hair for every day use...

If you use a shampoo like Revita..that has Ketoconazole in it...along with the other ingredients in Revita..it can and should be used everyday..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website