1500 grafts enough

dingdong12

i was wondering would you guys mind looking at my pics which i know arent great size wise (im trying to work out how to enlarge)

i recently had 1500 grafts strip method, hopefully you can make out the area done in the pictures,

do yous think that 1500 grafts should give good coverage.

I just had a look.

Who was the surgeon and when did you have it done?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

1500 fut grafts performed by a top surgeon would give you a considerable improvement in the appearance of your hair.

But being honest,I am not encouraged by the results shown on his website Ding Dong.

Edited by chrisdav

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

appreciate your feedback chrisdav

i have done lots of research and contacted many members from this site who have had ht carried out by him , all of whom have been very pleased with their results.

i am quietly confident the results should match my positive experience i had with him

Well I hope you do get a great result. :)

Put some pictures up in the future to show your progress.

thanks chrisdav. i hope i do too , perhaps i wont get the result if done by likes of feller or wong (or perhaps iwill) but if it makes a significant improvement to my current condition i will be over the moon

The think that concerns me with your pictures is this: 1500 grafts will make a difference, however, I see Drs like Rahal, Hasson and Wong and Arocha put 3k or even 4k in that size area....that would give you a "wow" result....Im sure it will be better than it was, I just wouldn't expect too much..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I agree with the other posters , you will see a difference ,and an improvement over how you look now , but 1500 grafts over that area will still be thin .

Newhair was spot on with his observation , the world class docs would have done trice that in one go and in a smaller area , then maybe looked at a second proceedure .

Also "density" is subjective to who ever is performing the surgery , "dense" for the polish doc it may be , however I believe , Rahal or Hasson and Wong would have a diffeerent idea of what is dense and what is sparse .

You need atleast 40 grafts per cm2 to get only half way to what is considered hair density before any loss on an average corcasean male , and some top docs go higher than that .

I have tried roughly to work out the size of the area covered from your pics , now this is only rough but you could measure and work this out for yourself more accuratly .

From the centre of you forloc to the furthest back into your temple line i guestimate this to be 10cms in lenth with a 3cm area covered into your exsisting hairline .

So 10cms x 3cms =30cm2 ,this give me the area covered but this is for only one side so multiply be 2

so 30cm2 x 2= 60cm2 , now divide the amount of grafts you recieved by the area they where placed .

So 1500 / 60 = 25

25 grafts per cm where placed in your hairline .

Not exactly mega accurate ,and you could easily measure this yourself to answer your own question .

Make you think doesn't it ?

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

thanks for the great info guys .

it does make you think , perhaps i will need another procedure however i shall wait until i see the results before i make any judgements

god knows what the first surgeon was thinking with 1000 grafts

ritchie ; i dont think the area is as quite as large as 60 cm2 but i understand exactly what you are saying

im finding this waiting game difficult to tolerate lol

Some surgeons take a more safer aprouch , for example , puting 5000 grafts in the front with a depth of only 2cms would give you mental density , but if you then lost more native hair through mpb you run the risk of it looking wrong .

Plus not all surgeons are the same with the same skill level and proberbly couldn't pack more than 80 grafts into 1cm2 , then there is issues with blood supply and folical transection .

Most ethical surgeons try to give you a future plan , where our average limited supply of 7000 grafts will run out and so a plan must be used to make sure you have enough left in the bank for anymore future loss .

Guys use the meds to combat future loss , but you may be unfortinate to suffer sides or you may have to stop using it for other reasons or it maybe that your body becomes tollerant and the meds have less of an effect on dht .

I talking in general terms here but those are some of the reasons you wouldn't want your surgeon to "pack in as much grafts as possible" .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

ok thanks ritcie i taled to surgeon who is confident the result will be as wanted. im sure he will say that .

im a little bit confused over density coverage, i see in another post a patient very unhappy with 3000 grafts coverage from a prominent uk surgeon .

my area covered is only a third of his total area approxiamtely, so by right he should have revieved around 8-9000graftsb to make a significant difference based on socbooks estimation of 5000 grafts needed for myself.

he was never going to get good results

Hey bud

I don't wish to comment on that other post .

A quick rule of thumb guild for graft count is to go by your norwood scale , say you where a norwood 3 then times it be 1000 , you would need 3000 grafts minimum for decent density of 40 graft per cm2 , and really it wants to be higher than that in the hairline .

norwwod one =1000 grafts

norwood two =2000 grafts

norwood three =3000 grafts

norwood four =4000 grafts

norwood five =5000 grafts

norwood six = 6000 grafts

norwood seven =7000 grafts

This is only the minimum and aproximate but it give you an idea , these figures will give you an overall cosmetic improvement and definatly improve your situation , however you and your surgeon should discuss your goals , and limitations , based of future loss , family baldness etc etc , and have a very clear understanding between you of where you want to be .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Interesting reading. Top docs may pack 3000 plus grafts into the same area but the cost in comparison to Rahal , Feller, H&W is considerably lower.

Saifi may of only done 1500, but if it looks good and natural and youve paid 2k or so compared to 8k - 12k its happy days surely ?? You have the option to go back for more and its still cheaper in the long run.

Everyone ive spoke to is so happy with thier results, so dont you worry.

I really believe he is a top surgeon, but doesnt do mega sessions and takes the causious approach.

Im gonna beg him for 3k grafts but he is saying 2k at this stage. At least you know he's not after your money !!!!!!!

Buzz, aka Gary & smashed !!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

By the way Richie

I like you, ive seen many of your posts and you tell it how it is.

Feller is a legend !!!!!!!!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

You probably could have used another 1000 grafts in that sized area, but 1500 will make a nice difference if they all grow. You can always go back later for more!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

perhaps i may need more

, howver as buzz says at least there is a affordable surgeon in europe who after speaking to prev patients performs great results and i can always go for second procedure ,

heres hoping i dont need to and i am happy with the results