bleeding in donor after 6 months after ht?

It's been over 6 months after my HT

The other day I think I picked at something in the donor area (a scab? or dry skin?), and noticed some blood had come off, not a lot but about a circle half a cm wide when I dabbed it on a tissue. Now that part of my scalp is sore when I touch it and theres hair around it that is like dry and hardened, I don't know if it's from dried shampoo or dried blood. Is it normal? I don't know if it's from ingrown hairs or something, or a scab. If it's just a scab it's fine, but I'm just worried that there is something wrong or a wound that won't heal or something, because I'm not sure why it's bleeding now.

Should I schedule an appointment to see a hair surgeon? Also just in general after a few months after a surgery I prefer to talk to a doctor who isn't my original (I don't really like follow up questions or updating them on how I'm doing, etc. because I'm still having mixed emotions over my surgery) so should I just contact another surgeon and schedule an appointment?

Thanks

I contacted a doctor (for now, by email since it's the weekend) to schedule an appointment

Is scabbing/peeling/ingrown hairs not normal?

A few months ago I had gone to a local walk in health center, a nurse had taken a look but she said it looked fine, but there was some crusting. She just gave me some antiobiotics in case there was an infection, and some vitamin E oil to help with the crusting, I didn't really use the oil though because its difficult to apply

Edited by hairgirl08

You probably have an ingrown hair or an infection. May need antibiotics.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

He will have to tell you, but it could abscess so he may take it out. Not a big deal but nothing you want to ignore.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.