My surgery with Dr. Panine

My story is not an unusual one I like many other men I was sold by all the advertising by Bosley Medical Group. Back in December 2010 I went in to have a procedure by Bosley Medical Group in Chicago they supposedly did over 3000 grafts. I had gone back there a few times for them to evaluate my results and asked them how they felt my results were for 3000 grafts and they kept telling everything looked good. 10 months after my surgery I did not look much different then prior to my surgery and I told them the exact same thing that I did not look much different and they kept assuring me that is what the result should look like after 3000 grafts and that I just needed an additional surgery. I kept thinking to myself if these are the results after one surgery I am going to need at least 5 more surgeries to get to where I want to be. I spent a lot of money $15,000 and another $700 medications to be exact, for very poor results. I then consulted with several doctors who confirmed my thoughts that my results after 3000 grafts were not where they should be. I decided I really needed to do something since I wanted to improve my appearance. After meeting with several Dr. I decided that Dr. Panine would be the best doctor for me. Dr. Panine spent a lot of time with me going over how he would perform my procedure and what would give me the best result with what he had to work with. I felt very comfortable with him and after speaking to several of his patients I felt he was the best doctor for me. I had my procedure 2 weeks ago. Dr. Panine was able to get 3,074 grafts which he concentrated on the frontal ? of my head. He felt it was better to pack them all into the frontal ? to give me as much density as he could and then explained that he would be able to do another procedure about one year from now and then he could address the back. The surgery went great, but it was a long day, I was there for 12 hours and it kind of made me think, my first procedure with Bosley was only 6 hours for 3000 grafts. After seeing how much time Dr. Panine spent on me I started think how did Bosely finish my procedure in only 6 hours did they not really give me 3000 grafts or did they just rush through the procedure to try and get me out of there so they could get home. After my strip was removed I never saw the doctor again. Dr. Panine was there through my whole procedure he was even placing the grafts, which I do not think most doctor do. Bosley did not even want to see me the next day for a checkup. Dr. Panine made it mandatory that I come back the next day so he could see me. I did not see my doctor until 8 months after my procedure and when he saw me the first thing he looked at was my scar and said the scar looked nice. Then I said my concern is not the scar it is my results with the productivity of the grafts, I don’t think there are anywhere close to 3000 grafts, but more like 1000 hairs and he said that is what 3000 grafts should look like. I figured I am not going to get anywhere with this conversation so I stormed out of his office. Best advice I can give anyone is stay away from Bosley they charged me a fortune for poor results. The pictures I have posted are my ones prior to the surgery with Dr. Panine and after 3000 grafts with Bosley plus my grafts right after surgery with Dr. Panine.

5b32d1561f3f5_Bosleyresults01.JPG.913e171aae475d0bde01bf19654e4856.JPG

5b32d1563c955_Bosleyresults02.JPG.b629816c993b330c33444e46b8d0df4b.JPG

5b32d1565312a_Bosleyresults03.JPG.7b1001b272c2368b414b441e8f3c530e.JPG

5b32d15670353_Bosleyresults04.JPG.7521f9d19531e8ca62609157f7d1cadf.JPG

5b32d15690199_Dr.Paninesurgery01.JPG.9a8b006c14f9baab249d6b18214fc7a0.JPG

5b32d156ad040_Dr.Paninesurgery02.JPG.949557e16bbb7021652f1cd88e86bd23.JPG

5b32d156c0e03_Dr.Paninesurgery03.JPG.9f863063ad6a2f756398d62e43c89edf.JPG

Dr. Panine should be a Coalition doctor. He is that good!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 10 months later...

Wow. Nice improvement. I have great respect for Dr Panines work. Incredible. Sorry to hear about your experience with Bosley. Great that you didnt even entertain the idea of a second session with him. But you look great, big change in your appearance and you look much younger. Very pleased for you. Good luck in your 2nd HT to strengthen and move further back. Keep us updated!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.