Going to Surgery.Need some Help and Suggestions

Hello guys,this is Syam,M,29.I lost some of my hair in front of my head.i am going to have a hair transplantation surgery in Feb 2012.

I heard that transplanted hair also will fall after the surgery in 30 to 40 days.Is it true?

If true in how many days it fall and how much percentage?

Will all the transplanted hair fall?

How many months it will take to grow up to 3inches after surgery?

when can i go for office after transplantation surgery?

Please help me.

In most cases all of the transplanted hair will fall out within a few weeks of yours surgery. The typical time for growth to start is about 3-4 months after surgery. It varies from person to person. Once the hairs start to grow, the rate of growth will be the same as your normal rate of growth. Good luck.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hi , orlhair1 is spot on

On the average guy , the transplanted grafts will shed ( fall out ) between 2-4 weeks after your surgery , this is true .

Again on average most of your transplanted hairs will fall out , around 90% .

On average your transplanted hair will not grow much between post op to 4 months , after 3- 4 months your transplanted grafts will start to grow , starting with aproximatly one third , then after a few more months another third and finally muturing at around 12 months .

This is all based on the average guy with a normaly accepted time frame .

For the grafts to grow upto 3 inches after surgey , hair grows approximatly 1/2 an inch per month , so you'll be looking at 6 months of growth time plus the first three months of non-growth time , so 9 months in total .

You'll need atleast a month to look and feel normal after surgery , but you will still have short exsisting native hair regrow from before your surgery , the FUT scar heals after about two weeks and by then most of your scabs will have fallen off and you will have begun to shed , the scar and recipiant site will look red for between 1 month and 6 months depending on how you heal personally .

Try not to panic , that won't help your state of mind or healing process .

I hope that helps bud

richie

Edited by richie48

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

You won't see any growth at one month other than your native hair. The transplanted hairs fall out and begin to regrow around 3-4 months

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

When will the regrowth starts?

after fall out transplanted hair or after the transplantation?

After the first month how much length can we expect?

Any shaven original native non-transpalnted hair will start to grow back immediatly .

Your transplanted grafts will not start to grow until after atleast 3-4 months after your transplanted hairs have fallen out .

After one month only your native original non tranplanted hair will have started to grow back , expect up to 12mm of growth .

You will have NO growth from you transplanted grafts until after 3-4 months .

I hope that is clear enough .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Yup, I agree with all the responses. I'm in the shedding phase in the 6th week, and I look like crap. =P Shedding phase is the worst part about getting a hair transplant. But if you are one of the lucky ones, a small percentage do not experience shedding at all.

• 2 weeks later...