Methods People Have Used to Hide HT After The Procedure???

Just had my ht a few days ago. Unlike many others though, nobody had any idea that I had any hair loss as I had very thick hair at the back and middle of my head and pulled that forward. I obviously now have a gaping shaved down patch on the front half of my head. For 2 weeks post op I am fine as I am off work and can stay at home. After that I would like to try and hide my HT results if possible. Has anyone used any good techniques? Super combover, concealer, wig, hairpiece, etc. Any other good techniques that anyone can suggest?

Also has anyone used any great coverup stories? Any good ideas?

Thanks

I would think a wig could be risky because unlike a hat most wigs have to be secured right against the scalp and sometimes a type of adhesive like glue is involved. Depending on your particular case I would say you may have to just "come clean" at the office with what you did or if possible get some kind of doctors note stating you had a medical procedure done that requires your head to be covered for several weeks or a couple of months. Post surgery privacy is indeed a big concern for a lot of us and part of the price of getting our hair back.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

The following link shows a case where low growth rate was observed because of concealer.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159726-psa-use-concealers-possible-complications.html

But the following comment was also made - "when I mention "concealer" I am referring to make up style applications, not sprinkle applications such as Toppik."

As I haven't used any of those yet so I can't say much about those.

Hmm. There seems to be conflicting opinions on this. I was only thinking of using the sprinkle type concealer. Toppik basically. I was thinking of using it from 2 weeks post op though. Another thing to mention is that I was my hair every single day without fail.

Confused now.