African-American woman - 4 months post op

Tractionloss

Thank you so much for posting your results so far. I see traction alopecia so common in African Americans.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Traction,

Thank you for sharing! This should be an excellent result when fully matured. I hope you'll keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Correction good people. I am only 4 months post op, not 5. I would love to rush along the process lol

Tractionloss,

Congratulations and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and results. I've taken the liberty of editing your original post to reflect 4 months rather than 5 months post-op.

Happy growing! Please keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Tractionloss,

Thanks for sharing your story and progress pictures with us. I know first-hand what it's like to want to rush the process. But it looks like you're right on track for only 4 months.

I do hope that once your new hair grows in that you have alternative hair styling options in mind in order to prevent traction alopecia from re-occuring? I look forward to seeing your new hair in do in the coming months :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Traction, how did you wear your hair during recovery? Did you wear wigs?

Actually for the first week I just wore a head wrap tied in a bun. Everybody at work thought it was just part of my fashion statement lol. But yes I do wear half wigs now that the hair is starting to grow in. I actually feel comfortable pulling my hair back in a ponytail now :-)

That is so funny, I wore the same style the first week and I am wearing a wig now. I just took out the elastic straps and snipped the sides of the wig to make it loose. I cannot wait until my hair begins to grow in. I have a while to go. I am trying not tobthink about it!

• 2 weeks later...

Traction,

I appreciate the info and the pictures. Think it looks good!. I'm considering doing the transplant also in April with Dr. Dorin. I saw that your pleased with the results thus far but overall were you pleased with Dr. Dorin? Would you recommend? Its to early to tell and looks great so far but If the density is not what you want or expcected would you do a 2nd transplant? My biggest concern is hiding it till it grows in and then not being full enough to get away with out needing a 2nd transplant. Is there any chance of hair not growing at all?

Traction,

I appreciate the info and the pictures. Think it looks good!. I'm considering doing the transplant also in April with Dr. Dorin. I saw that your pleased with the results thus far but overall were you pleased with Dr. Dorin? Would you recommend? Its to early to tell and looks great so far but If the density is not what you want or expcected would you do a 2nd transplant? My biggest concern is hiding it till it grows in and then not being full enough to get away with out needing a 2nd transplant. Is there any chance of hair not growing at all? Thanx!