Article: Future Hairloss Cure-Call me in Ten Years

Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Nicely written piece. A bit stern, but I like the realistic approach. Thanks for sharing!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Funny article! There is a lot of truth to it though, these things just take so long. And the word "cure" is so tricky - a cure is really only going to be the right word when we can take a pill or have treatment that is cheap, sustainable, and able to turn everybody, right up to an NW7, into someone with a thick head of hair again. That magic bullet isn't going to be with us in 5 years, probably not in 10 years either.

Hair transplants are still the best way to go, combined with medication and hopefully some other treatments that may rear their head in the next 5 years or so. But it will be combination therapy to restore a solid head of hair, not a single therapy to restore a complete head of hair. But I think if most guys can put 35-60% of the hair they've lost back on top of their head, that will look good and realise their goals. But that's the realistic aim for most men who suffer from maybe NW3-6 (in some cases not even 6). And that requires dedication, money and a realistic expectation of what can be achieved.