Require a quality uk surgeon for hair transplant

dc111

I highly recommend the Farjo Medical Centre. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Forget the UK, and get your self over to the states

farjo will cost ?7500 for 2000 grafts

at this exchange rate you will be better of in the US and there is more choice for proven well respected surgeons as are mentioned many times on this site.

For example 2000 grafts with Dr Feller - perfect for us Uk guys as he is based in New York is gonna cost you nearly ?2000 less. Even though you have to pay another ?500-?700 for the trip and a few days stay it's worth it from the body of evidence and results his and other US clinics consitently create.

I was much like you looking for UK clinics and like you said too much sales and not enough results based evidence. Its good to have a look around NY as well!

Pick the right tim eand flights are pretty cheap it a minimal extra cost for a maximum possible result

I would never go to the UK - higher prices and so little to show for it

UK R

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

UKresponder is right - the best options are abroad.

Flying to the US, for example, may seem a major deal, but your no.1 priority has to be getting the best outcome possible. And even with flights and hotels, it is probably cheaper overall than any UK clinic.

Do your research on this board - lots of it - and you should end up with a shortlist, none of whom I'll wager will be UK-based.

Also worth having a chat with some UK-based consultants for foreign surgeons - Spex does Feller and Lindsey in the US, Stephen does Bisanga in Belgium. Both good guys.

Hello DC111.I am from Gloucestershire in the Uk and would strongly advise going abroad to get a hair transplant.Having had two failed transplants in the UK, I recently travelled to have my hair repaired in the USA by Dr Feller 3 months ago, which I am very satisfied.The Uk has a poor reputation in this field, and if i thought the service provided by any of the Uk clinics (Harley Street included) was good enough, i would have gone there myself.However, the standards are not good enough in my eyes and fall way below the standards abroad. You will get a better final result, which is also cheaper,due to the strong Uk exchange rate to other foreign currency. If you want good, honest advice, maybe you should contact Spex, who lives in the Nottingham Area.He is the best person in the Uk to speak to without doubt by a country mile and a great guy.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

dc111,

Welcome to our forum community. As you can see, everyone has an unique opinon based on their experience and personal choices. I certainly agree that it's worth discussing and considering several elite surgeons, especially those prescreened and recommended by this community. However, while location shouldn't be a determining factor in selecting an excellent hair restoration physician, you're lucky enough to have two world renowned surgeons in your backyard, Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo of the Farjo Clinic. In my opinion, you'd do yourself a disservice if you don't at least consider and consult with them.

Best wishes for restoring your hair in 2012,

Bill

heard that much about american clinics am thinking of taking the plunge and heading that way, as people say you want it done properly and from what i have seen on here , i only have confidence in the american based clinics, but will read more reviews from here, thank you for all the advice to date