Supplement Regimen

LBOs

Hi all,

Great forum really appreciate everyone's stories and advice. I notice many people allude to taking a variety of vitamins and supplements in addition to finasteride and minoxidil. Can anyone provide or point me towards a brief outline of what they are taking and for what purpose? I haven't been able to find a consolidated overview here and distrust most of the info on other sites.

For way of background, I am 25 and have started to thin out on top and in the hairline. I met with one of the doctors recommended on this site and he put me on finasteride and minoxidil 5% (he said once a day before bed is fine). I've been on this regimen for about a month and have definitely noticed some shedding, but I'm optimistic and trying to power through this stage.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Great forum really appreciate everyone's stories and advice. I notice many people allude to taking a variety of vitamins and supplements in addition to finasteride and minoxidil. Can anyone provide or point me towards a brief outline of what they are taking and for what purpose? I haven't been able to find a consolidated overview here and distrust most of the info on other sites.

For way of background, I am 25 and have started to thin out on top and in the hairline. I met with one of the doctors recommended on this site and he put me on finasteride and minoxidil 5% (he said once a day before bed is fine). I've been on this regimen for about a month and have definitely noticed some shedding, but I'm optimistic and trying to power through this stage.

Thanks!

If you are interested in knowing what supplements to take. I would visit immortalhair forum. Which focus's on supplements etc.

Thanks Swimmy, I checked it out seems interesting. Have you tried the regimen he recommends or any of these herbal products? I'm thinking about trying it out along with the finasteride/minoxydil. Hopefully they will be synergistic as it seems like they target different causes.

Does MSM have an alternate name? I've looked in about 5 difference pharmacies here in the US and also Australia and didn't see it on the shelf

MSM is often paired with glucsamine chondroitin in the stores, it is usually labeled as rebuilding and repairing healthy joints or joint health. I buy mine in Walgreens.

Thanks Swimmy, I checked it out seems interesting. Have you tried the regimen he recommends or any of these herbal products? I'm thinking about trying it out along with the finasteride/minoxydil. Hopefully they will be synergistic as it seems like they target different causes.

I tried. But I can't afford the regimen to stay on it in its full glory. However, I did feel good on the stuff and does help more than your hair. I still take some stuff but those are more for personal health. The only thing I am consistently taken is resveratrol+curcumin. Since It seems to have a noticeable effect on reducing scalp itch and inflammation

There's always other options discussed on the forum as well.

I also know recently Immortal and nid decided to start a supplement line. Its basically the whole regimen. But so they could make a more concentrated reliable and pure form of the supplements that they were initially taken from other brands out there. I haven't tried the supplement line as of yet myself.

If you can afford or have cash laying around. Or seriously just want to hit hair loss from all angles. Its like 94.95 a month for the whole packageSeems pretty steep. But alot of those guys on the forum are fighting hair loss without minx or fin. So they don't have to worry about buying that stuff. Also the level of purity they got with all the supplements they are barely making any money off the supplements they sell

Does MSM have an alternate name? I've looked in about 5 difference pharmacies here in the US and also Australia and didn't see it on the shelf

Should say MSM(Methylsulfonylmethane) on it.

Also MSM has great synergy with vitamin C. SO it would be good to take those two together.

Guys..seriously....you could go to Iherb.com or Swansonvitamins.com and pick out 6 supplements and/or combos that would make just as much sense or more.

One of my favorites is acetyl-glutathione. Not cheap..and I'm not even going to say it's doing anything hair-wise. But I'd probably put it up against that whole line mentioned above. I also take MSM...with bioflavanoids.

I actually have been getting quite a few from Amazon lately. Especially the ones that have the 15% off for auto-shipment...free shipping as well. Just have to keep an eye on the prices as they can change. You get a notification prior to each shipment..what the price is etc.