I have taken the plunge!!!

byron

My hair is slowly but surely on its way to baldness, probably not for at least 10-15 years, however im not taking the chance.

proscar has now been ordered and hopefully a step in the right direction to maintaining and maybe even regrowing some hair lost due to genetics and age. im late 20's and would love to be able to eventually buzz it down as ive always wanted to wear this style.

wish me luck guys!

Byron,

Congrats on Taking the Plunge!

I recommend inducing the mediccation slowly by building up the dosage over the course of a month or two.

I would start taking .5mg a day (a pain to cut up) every other day for a week then .5mg a every day for a week then slowly build up to 1.25mg each day

If you're taking the 5mg FIN and cutting it up.

I'm not a doctor but just my personal recommendation to try and prevent such a shock to the system.

Evaluate your self after 12-18 months and see what difference has been made...and Pictures! They are the best motivation!

I'm sure you know about the shedding period which can last I believe up to 4 months, but at least you know that your body is responding to the Finasteride in a positive way!

Good luck and keep us posted!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

i have ordered the fincar proscar 5mg tablets mate

plan was to cut them into quarters (sure i can find a pill cutter from pharmacy) so that 9 pills would get me through 1 month works out cheaper this way, and takea quarter of fin a day along with nizoral

yes i will try and get pictures up :) thanks

Good luck! Keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.